Windows 10: my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why?

Discus and support my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is a new build pc, nothing precedes it shutting off and restarting that I can see. No BSOD for instance. Event log says Criticaldate/time various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tech Sancho, Mar 16, 2023.

1. my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why?

This is a new build pc, nothing precedes it shutting off and restarting that I can see. No BSOD for instance. Event log says Criticaldate/time various and all the same over 50 times this has happened source: Kernel-PowerEvent: 41Task cat: 63What I have tried: I ran offline windows defender anti-virus scan, no problems foundI ran SFC /Scannow and it indicated it repaired some filesI ran CHKDSK and it seemed to be repairing files but completed I ran DISM but it found no problemsI checked my SSD with magician software from Samsung, it had no problemsMemory is new, well seated and not consid

:)

Tech Sancho, Mar 16, 2023
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why? :confused:*Mad my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why? :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Mar 16, 2023
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    PC won't shut down or restart properly

Hello, I see that you are having some issues with your computer not shutting down and restarting properly. I would guess that this has something to do with the BIOS. The BIOS and the hardware you have don't seem to be communicating properly. I would suggest
    for you to try looking for a BIOS update, and try updating. Please be careful when doing a BIOS update, since a screw up can bring huge corruptions and problems.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why? :)

RyoTakagi, Mar 16, 2023
  4. my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why?

win 10 will not shut down properly

Hi Richard,

Usually, this issue occur due to outdated or corrupted device drivers, services or processes which are not shutting down properly, or third-party programs that prevents your computer to shut down properly. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional
    information:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this an error message Explorer\windows\settingsync\BackgroundUploadTask? If yes, where are you getting this message?
    • If possible, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. To run the Power troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Power
      and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why?

1. my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why? - Similar Threads - restarting without properly

2. My PC shuts down randomly and I don't know why, error 0x80000000000000 / Kernel-Power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down randomly and I don't know why, error 0x80000000000000 / Kernel-Power...: Good afternoon, I have a problem with my PC... as the question implies it shuts down and restarts randomly it just did actually I've checked the event manager to see what the problem was and I have noticed these two errors, error 0x80000000000000 and Kernel-Power...
  3. My PC shuts down randomly and I don't know why, error 0x80000000000000 / Kernel-Power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down randomly and I don't know why, error 0x80000000000000 / Kernel-Power...: Good afternoon, I have a problem with my PC... as the question implies it shuts down and restarts randomly it just did actually I've checked the event manager to see what the problem was and I have noticed these two errors, error 0x80000000000000 and Kernel-Power...
  4. My PC shuts down randomly and I don't know why, error 0x80000000000000 / Kernel-Power...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC not shutting Down Properly

PC not shutting Down Properly: Lately, when I try shutting down my PC, the screen goes through the usual process, and goes dark, but my CPU's power light shows a solid green light. The fan keeps blowing and I can see an orange light on the motherboard if I open it.I have a Dell T5500 CPU. Please help on...
  6. PC not shutting Down Properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not shutting Down Properly: Lately, when I try shutting down my PC, the screen goes through the usual process, and goes dark, but my CPU's power light shows a solid green light. The fan keeps blowing and I can see an orange light on the motherboard if I open it.I have a Dell T5500 CPU. Please help on...
  7. my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why?

my pc is restarting without properly shutting down and I don't know why?: This is a new build pc, nothing precedes it shutting off and restarting that I can see. No BSOD for instance. Event log says Criticaldate/time various and all the same over 50 times this has happened source: Kernel-PowerEvent: 41Task cat: 63What I have tried: I ran offline...
  8. My pc keeps restarting and i don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps restarting and i don't know why: Hi, this is my first post. My pc keeps restarting without any BSOD or warning, I tried everything to fix it, i changed my PSU, motherboard, fully cleaned it with a compressor and i reinstalled windows but the i still have the same issues. It can randomly restart from 5...
  9. My pc keeps restarting and i don't know why

My pc keeps restarting and i don't know why: Hi, this is my first post. My pc keeps restarting without any BSOD or warning, I tried everything to fix it, i changed my PSU, motherboard, fully cleaned it with a compressor and i reinstalled windows but the i still have the same issues. It can randomly restart from 5...
  10. PC won't shut down or restart properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't shut down or restart properly: Hi, I recently installed a new CPU and motherboard and my computer won't shut down or restart properly. I've installed most of the drivers, with the exception of the Intel Management Engine driver. However, in device manager it shows that I already have it installed, so....