Windows 10: My PC is running slower and slower, but what worries me most is it takes 15 minutes to...

Discus and support My PC is running slower and slower, but what worries me most is it takes 15 minutes to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion p7-1001 x64 Desktop PC , with an AMD Athlon II X4 645, 3100 MHz Processor, running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christopher Griffin, Jan 26, 2019.

1. My PC is running slower and slower, but what worries me most is it takes 15 minutes to...

I have a HP Pavilion p7-1001 x64 Desktop PC , with an AMD Athlon II X4 645, 3100 MHz Processor, running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763, with 16 GB of RAM, which "Windows 10 Update Assistant" (or whatever the name was to assess my computer's ability to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10), passed my computer with flying colors. My PC ran flawlessly under Windows 7. And everything seemed to go well under Windows 10, when the mandatory/forced update of January 8, 2018 rendered my computer unbootable with a glowing BLACK screen. After that, everything went downhill.

I brought my computer to a friend, who used a third party program to boot my machine, and then installed Windows 10 Pro, instead of Windows 10 Home - because - I don't know - that's how he "fixed it". My boot times were excessive, and I was at times getting BLUE Screens Of Death afterwards (I forget the error codes, but they were different over time.

I contacted Microsoft support, and twice they did a reinstall-in-place of Windows 10. They also, during those two reinstallations, provided me with a GENUINE AUTHENIC Activation Code for Windows 10 Pro, I guess so as not to mess up my computer further. And yet still, after another update, my computer started to take OVER 15 minutes to reboot each and every time!

One day the graphics on my PC started to appear wavy and I had trouble with window sizes and behaviors. I contacted Microsoft support, and was quickly told my system was corrupt, and the support agent tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro for the third time! But the reinstallation never completed! At the end of the process I got a dialogue box that "The installation FAILED, and that my computer would be restored to its previous state. Luckily, it rebooted, and the problem had disappeared.

This past week I had another update, and my computer wouldn't reboot. It showed the startup widow, but never got past it. I did a series of "hard" shut downs and starts, until I was able to enter recovery mode. I was told that "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC". Ans so I went to "Advanced Options" to "Reset this PC". Then I was told, "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

After that I went to a system image backup, and from that I was able to boot my PC back into its normal status - extremely slow!

I have postponed further updates, as I am DEATHLY AFRAID that eventually I am going to get an update that will in effect kill my computer.

And in the meantime, I afraid to restart my computer, afraid that it will once again fail to boot.

I've previously run the Command Prompt as the administrator, and run "C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow <Enter>"

and told, "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

I then ran, " C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and was told the restore operation completed successfully

I then repeated, "C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow <Enter>", and again was told "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

I try to practice routine maintenance on my machine, and take full advantage of my Norton Security Suite of scanning and preventive maintenance.

I don't know what else to do, but I know within the next six months, my computer is going to DIE from a premature and UNNECESSARY death.

Each restart and reboot takes longer and makes me worry that my computer will not start again.

I would appreciate any suggestions. And unfortunately, I don't have a second computer to assist me.

:)

Christopher Griffin, Jan 26, 2019

2. Game run slower on win10 1803 build.

Hi.

I own dell Vostro 5568 Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU 2.5 GHz 2.7GHz

SSD 255GB and Intel HD 520 - NVIDIA 940MX.

since the last windows update a game I play started to run slower and when I say slower I mean like the character movements are slower like an fps drop.

I got all the updates from dell site also for my graphic card.

I optimized my win10 to max performance.

i added the game to the list in Nvidia control panel and made it to run for performance only.

Power Settings are on Performance as well but game still run slower. it did run better on the 1709 build but I can't go back since I made fresh install of the 1803 build.

any suggestions?

game called mu online.

or hoshkover, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 getting slower and slower per day.

Hi Microsoft...

I updated my pc running on windows 7 to windows 10 but after a few days of upgrading, it is getting slower and slower. It's not an issue of virus in my pc. According to the November update, my pc should run 30% faster, but it has become slower, a lot slower
    than before. I need help on this issue as I'm a big fan of Microsoft and it's technology.

Thank you in advance...

AgamBhatia, Jan 26, 2019
  4. 40wnks Win User

My PC is running slower and slower, but what worries me most is it takes 15 minutes to...

Boot time is getting slower and slower

I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no faster), using msconfig and the bootlog and verbose boot log and disabling services etc. Nothing seems to improve it. The OS is on a 256 GB OCZ SSD. I would love suggestions to speed up the boot which is about 4 minutes now. Would doing a clean install with a newly purchased Windows 10 Home or Pro solve it. That is my last choice. Thanks for reading.
    Thanks,
    Bill

40wnks, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

My PC is running slower and slower, but what worries me most is it takes 15 minutes to...

1. My PC is running slower and slower, but what worries me most is it takes 15 minutes to... - Similar Threads - running slower slower

2. My pc is running slower idk why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is running slower idk why: I was listening to music on my pc then out of no where it froze on me being the only tab up. I turn off the pc by holding the power button but now my pc is just running slower I check for viruses none, update my computer to the latest windows 11 update, made space on the ssd,...
  3. My pc is running slower idk why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is running slower idk why: I was listening to music on my pc then out of no where it froze on me being the only tab up. I turn off the pc by holding the power button but now my pc is just running slower I check for viruses none, update my computer to the latest windows 11 update, made space on the ssd,...
  4. Slower Restart takes ages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slower Restart takes ages: I am using Windows 11Pro, Version : 21H2. Earlier when I was using Windows 10Pro, Restarting my system takes only 30-60 secs. max but now it takes at least 20 minutes minimum. I want to fix this because to install some updates or any other things only required restart. Even...
  5. Slower Restart takes ages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slower Restart takes ages: I am using Windows 11Pro, Version : 21H2. Earlier when I was using Windows 10Pro, Restarting my system takes only 30-60 secs. max but now it takes at least 20 minutes minimum. I want to fix this because to install some updates or any other things only required restart. Even...
  6. PC Started being slower startup slower than usual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Started being slower startup slower than usual: Hello, Today i started my PC and i noticed my PC is taking time to start longer than usual, It starts up with a Lenovo logo, that's normal, but the logo should be there max 1 second, now its 30 seconds, when I get to screen where I log in everything works normal, I noticed...
  7. Windows 10 running slower

Windows 10 running slower: I am using the windows 10 version 1903 , but i doubt if i am really using it because it has become so slow , similar to an older version.Whenever i close my laptop leaving some files open and again open it later its like the computer freezes and nothing operates ,especially...
  8. system running slower then usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    system running slower then usual: I have done every thing but it still runs slow in opening anything programs and internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-running-slower-then-usual/df0bba06-a589-4e6a-a4ff-d9c4bb3456a0
  9. Laptop running slower & slower

Laptop running slower & slower: I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M processor. Bios version is 2.7 and Bios mode is UEFI. This machine has been getting slower and slower. It boots up slowly and...
  10. My laptop is becoming slower and slower

My laptop is becoming slower and slower: I've had a Lenovo ideapad 110 for about 2 years. It seems to be getting slower and slower: start up, browsing, saving anything are all getting slower. We're connected to the NBN and our internet provider is Telstra. I don't seem to have any control over what Microsoft and...