Windows 10: My pc is so slow.

Discus and support My pc is so slow. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when windows 10 starts up, I think there are too many apps/programs on there. What ones are safe to delete, or what does it need to start up? Are there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Deb in woolley, Jul 31, 2019.

1. My pc is so slow.

when windows 10 starts up, I think there are too many apps/programs on there. What ones are safe to delete, or what does it need to start up? Are there any free cleaners to clean up whatever is slowing it down? I'm not very pc smart,. yet.

:)

Deb in woolley, Jul 31, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 31, 2019
  3. clinux Win User
    Linux for a slow PC

I was searching for my problem & came across your question. So registered to suggest distro for slow pc.

Try DSL (awesome), Slax (Good) .
    distrowatch.com is your friend.

clinux, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

My pc is so slow.

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

My pc is so slow.

1. My pc is so slow. - Similar Threads - slow

2. windows is very slow, it will hang and laptop will automatically switches off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows is very slow, it will hang and laptop will automatically switches off: As while I was working on my laptop my laptop backside battery is overhated and automatically it will shotdown.While I was giving the interview I faced this issue so I missed a very good job opportunity.Please help me out to fix this problem....
  3. Slow keyboard typing in browsers and slow switching between Visual Studio controllers after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow keyboard typing in browsers and slow switching between Visual Studio controllers after...: I faced a problem after I updated Windows 10, update number KB5005565, and the system build is 19043.1237 The problem is that I am facing slow typing on the keyboard in browsers, where when I type more than two characters quickly, it takes time for all the letters to appear,...
  4. my pc showing two netwrk connection harsh and harsh 1 both are connectable but it slows net...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc showing two netwrk connection harsh and harsh 1 both are connectable but it slows net...: this is showing harsh and harsh 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-showing-two-netwrk-connection-harsh-and/f531c58c-72e5-4b14-bc5a-eef2416be7e4
  5. DNS Server Errors, Slow Connections

DNS Server Errors, Slow Connections: Lately I get frequent DNS server errors and/or very slow connections. Often the pages do not connect. Is there a correction for this. It just started happening a few days ago...
  6. Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows lock screen incredibly slow response after KB5005565 update: After updating KB5005565 yesterday, it seems my lock screen after 15 minutes past for screen saver no longer responds immediately to my keyboard/mouse input. It takes a minute or so for the app details to appear, then even more minutes to show the PIN text box for me to gain...
  7. 100% Disk usage, slowing down the laptop to snail speed

100% Disk usage, slowing down the laptop to snail speed: I have Dell Inspiron 15" model from 2018 with 1TB of HDD, 8GB of RAM, Intel UHD graphics card.For quite some time it has been pretty slow, and the problem usually seems to be disk usage, which gets 100% like on the image.Right now it is so slow, that I can't even take a print...
  8. Photo's very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo's very slow: I have all my pictures organized on my PC these are family pictures over 60 years in directories per year, per month, per event. Pictures, of course, became bigger over the years. Since a couple of months an upgrade of W10 or Photo's????? opening a photo with photo's FOR...
  9. Slow upload speed on a windows 10 pc, faster upload speed on my ipad

Slow upload speed on a windows 10 pc, faster upload speed on my ipad: I've been using WOW internet as my isp. They recently improved my 100 mbs to 200 mbs download speed for free. The upload speed should of remained at 10 mbs. WOW speed actually decrease from my download speed from 100 mbs to 70 mbs and the upload decreased from 10 mbs to 2.5...
  10. Windows 7 was eh slow, windows 10 is 10xslower

Windows 7 was eh slow, windows 10 is 10xslower: Good morning y’all I am in need of assistance.. I’ll make this short.. few days ago my windows 7 was acting up and constantly tellin me to install Net.framework 4.7.2 no matter what I did It wouldn’t. Amongst other issues it was having I upgraded to 10 thinking I would start...