Windows 10: My PC is stuck in a recovery loop

Discus and support My PC is stuck in a recovery loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC is stuck in a recovery loop. I have tried to wipe it and boot it from a Windows usb and disk and tried wiping the hard drive using someone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DuffyAad, Nov 27, 2018.

1. DuffyAad Win User

My PC is stuck in a recovery loop

My PC is stuck in a recovery loop. I have tried to wipe it and boot it from a Windows usb and disk and tried wiping the hard drive using someone else computer and only 200gb shows instead of 3tb

:)

DuffyAad, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Decrypt Win User

Windows 10 stuck in diagnostics loop

Laptop : Sony vaio Model number : SVF152125NB Running O.S : dual boot (Windows 10 and Ubuntu)

After the last update (probably at June 2018, I don't remember the exact update name/ID) from Windows, my pc is stuck in the Infinite loop of "diagnosing your PC ".

I tried with going into recovery mode but using that method also ends up in this loop.

After this issue I am using Ubuntu by using force shut down method. And turn on which results in grub option.

Anyone pls suggest me the solution !!

Decrypt, Jan 29, 2020
  3. stuck in recovery

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your computer is stuck in Automatic repair loop. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods:

Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer except essential devices like keyboard and mouse and then boot the computer and check. Sometimes, issues with external devices could cause issues with Windows startup. If the issue still persists,
    try the following methods.

Method 1: Run SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW and hit Enter.

You can also follow the link below for reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Method 2: If the above steps didn’t fix the issue, then I would suggest you to perform a system restore to an earlier date prior to this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a system restore from within the Windows recovery
    environment:

• When you enter the blue screen with advanced options (Windows recovery environment), click on ‘Troubleshoot’.
    • Now, click on ‘Advanced options’ and then click on ‘System Restore’.
    • Follow the prompts and choose a restore point created before this issue started.

Please let us know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC is stuck in a recovery loop - Similar Threads - stuck recovery loop

2. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop: Hello,My pc shut down suddenly and after turning it on again it went into the bitlocker recovery page. It used to have the "skip this drive" option but I can't see it after entering the recovery key and it's looping it back to the recovery page again no matter what. I have 2...
  3. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop: Hello,My pc shut down suddenly and after turning it on again it went into the bitlocker recovery page. It used to have the "skip this drive" option but I can't see it after entering the recovery key and it's looping it back to the recovery page again no matter what. I have 2...
  4. PC shut down, bitlocker stuck in recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC stuck in windows recovery loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck in windows recovery loop: So I wanted to restore my whole PC so it’s all fresh again and maybe speed it up, so I started to restore it. It got to 100% and then it brought me to the blue page where it says stuff like select your country, keyboard layout etc. Obviously I put United Kingdom. So all that...
  6. PC Stuck in Repair Loop, Recovery Manager missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Stuck in Repair Loop, Recovery Manager missing: Hey, I’ve run into this error dozens of times on my HP Omen gaming laptop and the easiest fix for me was to reset my PC to factory by using the option found in the Recovery Manager; because nothing else worked. And now, my Recovery Manager is missing! So now, im unable to fix...
  7. Stuck on recovery boot loop

Stuck on recovery boot loop: My laptop booted to windows 10 with all my files deleted no desktop icons and other data was deleted. I tried to hp recovery to reset to factory condition Windows 7. But after completion of the recovery process, it shows incomplete restoration and shows 3 options - save...
  8. My Computer is stuck in a recovery error loop.

My Computer is stuck in a recovery error loop.: My Computer is stuck in a recovery error loop, I get the stop code "BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO". Then to the recovery screen with error code: 0xc0000001. I've tried all the options in the "F8 for Startup Settings" all fail and take me back to the same screen again and again. This...
  9. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop: I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the data drive) and so I decided to reset the computer to defaults and start over. So I went to Recovery and then Reset this PC,...
  10. Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery / Reset this PC / Stuck in a loop: I bought this computer last week, and I screwed up my carbonite restore (I agreed to the default, which pointed it at the boot drive rather than the data drive) and so I decided to reset the computer to defaults and start over. So I went to Recovery and then Reset this PC,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc stuck in recovery