Windows 10: My PC is stuck in a sleep mode

Discus and support My PC is stuck in a sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I put my PC on sleep mode acidentally and now i cant wake it up i tried everything my keyboard, mouse and monitor are not responding. When i press the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Fila725, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Fila725 Win User

My PC is stuck in a sleep mode

I put my PC on sleep mode acidentally and now i cant wake it up i tried everything my keyboard, mouse and monitor are not responding. When i press the power button my PC starts but nothing shows on monitor, keyboard and mouse act like they arent even connected. Its been like this for 3 days i tought it would fix but it didnt, can someone help?

:)

Fila725, Aug 4, 2019

2. PC gets "stuck" in sleep mode

Hello,

There are many ways to shut down your PC, you can turn the PC off completely, you can make it sleep, or you can hibernate the PC.

Sleep Mode uses very little power, your PC starts up faster, and you’re instantly back to where you left off. You don’t have to worry that you'll lose your work because of your battery draining, because Windows automatically saves all
    your work and turns off the PC if the battery is too low.

We would suggest that you follow the troubleshooting on this link to Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC. Scroll down and check under
    "To make your PC sleep" troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

We'll be looking forward for your update.

Haidae Tam, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 29, 2019
  4. My PC is stuck in a sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

My PC is stuck in a sleep mode

1. My PC is stuck in a sleep mode - Similar Threads - stuck sleep mode

2. PC stuck after using sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stuck after using sleep mode: HelloI put my computer in sleep mode yesterday and it responds to nothing, like it is dead. I have it plugged into a power outlet. What can I do? The power switch doesn't work.Lisa...
  3. Stuck in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Sleep mode: Using windows 11. Sometimes my laptop goes to sleep and it wont wake up. It only happens every once in a while. I can see the lights light up on my laptop like it is trying to wake up but it just stay on a black screen. The only way to turn it on is to hold the power button...
  4. Stuck in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Sleep mode: Using windows 11. Sometimes my laptop goes to sleep and it wont wake up. It only happens every once in a while. I can see the lights light up on my laptop like it is trying to wake up but it just stay on a black screen. The only way to turn it on is to hold the power button...
  5. My monitor is stuck in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor is stuck in sleep mode: So I use an older computer the HP ENVY 700-074 and yesterday my monitor would not work I'm not sure what to do at this point so plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-is-stuck-in-sleep-mode/1b4fcde6-4500-4bb0-8254-7652c9a3f8be
  6. My monitor is stuck in sleep mode

My monitor is stuck in sleep mode: So I use an older computer the HP ENVY 700-074 and yesterday my monitor would not work I'm not sure what to do at this point so plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-monitor-is-stuck-in-sleep-mode/1b4fcde6-4500-4bb0-8254-7652c9a3f8be
  7. Stuck on sleep mode

Stuck on sleep mode: For some time i have a problem with my PCOn Control Panel>Power options I set everything to do nothingI tried to close the lid but when I reopen it after 3-5 minutes ,it is stuck on a black screen, my keyboard is not working, mouse too, and not even the power on/off button...
  8. Stuck on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on sleep mode: For some time i have a problem with my PCOn Control Panel>Power options I set everything to do nothingI tried to close the lid but when I reopen it after 3-5 minutes ,it is stuck on a black screen, my keyboard is not working, mouse too, and not even the power on/off button...
  9. Stuck on sleep mode

10. Stuck in the sleep mode...

Stuck in the sleep mode...: My laptopMSI PE60 6QE is stuck in sleep mode and doesn't boot up. Screen is off no lights I even tried the System File Checker tool SFC.exe and DISM . I did all parts and ended up receiving Windows did not find any integrity violations. but nothing changed. It works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc stuck on sleep mode windows 10