Windows 10: My PC is stuck in sleep mode and won't shut off.

Discus and support My PC is stuck in sleep mode and won't shut off. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC boots up into sleep mode with no video signal, just a black screen. No fans turn on. Only ram LEDs turn on. Power button works for turning it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luke__W, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Luke__W Win User

My PC is stuck in sleep mode and won't shut off.

My PC boots up into sleep mode with no video signal, just a black screen. No fans turn on. Only ram LEDs turn on. Power button works for turning it on but won't turn off the system. Keyboard and mouse don't get power when plugged into back panel. Won't boot into windows.

:)

Luke__W, Jul 29, 2022

2. PC gets "stuck" in sleep mode

Hello,

There are many ways to shut down your PC, you can turn the PC off completely, you can make it sleep, or you can hibernate the PC.

Sleep Mode uses very little power, your PC starts up faster, and you’re instantly back to where you left off. You don’t have to worry that you'll lose your work because of your battery draining, because Windows automatically saves all
    your work and turns off the PC if the battery is too low.

We would suggest that you follow the troubleshooting on this link to Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC. Scroll down and check under
    "To make your PC sleep" troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

We'll be looking forward for your update.

Haidae Tam, Jul 29, 2022
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jul 29, 2022
  4. Heshie75v Win User

PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Jul 29, 2022
Thema:

1. My PC is stuck in sleep mode and won't shut off. - Similar Threads - stuck sleep mode

2. My PC is stuck in sleep mode and won't shut off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC is stuck in sleep mode and won't shut off.: My PC boots up into sleep mode with no video signal, just a black screen. No fans turn on. Only ram LEDs turn on. Power button works for turning it on but won't turn off the system. Keyboard and mouse don't get power when plugged into back panel. Won't boot into windows....
  3. My PC is stuck in sleep mode and won't shut off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is stuck in sleep mode and won't shut off.: My PC boots up into sleep mode with no video signal, just a black screen. No fans turn on. Only ram LEDs turn on. Power button works for turning it on but won't turn off the system. Keyboard and mouse don't get power when plugged into back panel. Won't boot into windows....
  4. Sleep mode permently shuts off pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode permently shuts off pc: I recently got a new pc but I am having this one issue is when I put it to sleep mode and after the display shuts off the pc won’t fully turn on no matter what I do even hitting the power button so I’m forced to unplug and reply my pc is their any solution to this?...
  5. Sleep mode permently shuts off pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode permently shuts off pc: I recently got a new pc but I am having this one issue is when I put it to sleep mode and after the display shuts off the pc won’t fully turn on no matter what I do even hitting the power button so I’m forced to unplug and reply my pc is their any solution to this?...
  6. Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Shuts Off While in Sleep Mode?: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. Is there a reason this might be happening? Things I've tried troubleshooting...
  7. Sleep Mode Wakes Up Then Shuts Off and Freezes

Sleep Mode Wakes Up Then Shuts Off and Freezes: About 2 weeks ago, I woke up my computer. The screen flashed on very briefly and then back off and freezes. I have to power the computer down and then turn it back on before I can get it to come on and stay on. I have troubleshooted all possible power settings I've found...
  8. My PC is stuck in a sleep mode

My PC is stuck in a sleep mode: I put my PC on sleep mode acidentally and now i cant wake it up i tried everything my keyboard, mouse and monitor are not responding. When i press the power button my PC starts but nothing shows on monitor, keyboard and mouse act like they arent even connected. Its been like...
  9. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC - Power Off - Sleep mode: 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off. Appreciate assistance please. Rgds. 131083
  10. PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.: Recently my ethernet connection from desktop to the router shuts off whenever the pc enters sleep mode, or if I power it down. Never used to do this. Tried changing the power mgt settings for the Reattec controller device manager but no luck. Work-around is to never enter...