Windows 10: My pc is taking too long to start. How can I fix this?

Discus and support My pc is taking too long to start. How can I fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It starts normally but stays in the "welcome" screen for about 2 minutes. I dont know if it has to do with any updates. The rest is working fine (as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Novatonavila, Feb 24, 2021.

1. My pc is taking too long to start. How can I fix this?

It starts normally but stays in the "welcome" screen for about 2 minutes. I dont know if it has to do with any updates. The rest is working fine (as fine as windows 10 is capable). I scanned it with Malwarebytes and nothing came out of it. Windows defender does a scan every feel days and nothing was found either. Its very annoying.

submitted by /u/Novatonavila
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Novatonavila, Feb 24, 2021

2. Start Search (Cortana) takes to long

Hi Gagan,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

• Have you installed any third party security software?
    This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party antivirus software

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third party security software, I suggest you to temporarily disable them.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if there are any updates pending and install the same.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter ms-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Website take to long to load

Hi Hector,

There are several reasons why a website takes too long to respond. One of which is if the internet connection is intermittent. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you connected via wireless or wired connection?
    • Does this happen to all websites you visit?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Feb 24, 2021
  4. My pc is taking too long to start. How can I fix this?

TOMCAT taking too long to start

I am using eclipse as IDE to run my J2EE programs and apache tomcat 9.0 as server on Windows 10, it is taking too long for tomcat to start and in most cases it fails to start with a message

My pc is taking too long to start. How can I fix this? 9NLOP.png

What I have done

1. Uninstalled -reinstalled apache tomcat server. Reconfigured it on
      eclipse several times.
    2. Initially if tried starting it from Command line, it would give me an
      error "The JRE_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
      This environment variable is needed to run this program" which I
      solved by creating a "setenv.bat" in %CATALINA_BASE%\bin\, which
      basically include the JRE_HOME variable definition, which did help
      with the JRE_HOME error and TOMCAT started using CMD
    3. Increased the timeout to 60 secs

But I am still facing issue of it not starting on eclipse. Please suggest what could be the possible error and how can I resolve it.

sagrika aggarwal, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

My pc is taking too long to start. How can I fix this?

1. My pc is taking too long to start. How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - taking too long

2. Why my pc is taking too long to reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my pc is taking too long to reset?: I put on my pc to reset yesterday at 10pm. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. And the progress is still "30% downloading" like it was last night. It didn't even move for 1%.I chose to clean only the drive which had windows. My product is from ASUS and the product had windows 11...
  3. Why my pc is taking too long to reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my pc is taking too long to reset?: I put on my pc to reset yesterday at 10pm. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. And the progress is still "30% downloading" like it was last night. It didn't even move for 1%.I chose to clean only the drive which had windows. My product is from ASUS and the product had windows 11...
  4. Fixing Disk Takes too long and still in 0%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fixing Disk Takes too long and still in 0%: Hey my laptop right now is in fixing disk state and it has been stuck in 0% for so long. It says "Fixing E: Stage 1 : 0%1087 of 612096; Total: 0%; ETA 999:00:00". Can anyone help me with the problem here? thanks...
  5. Fixing Disk Takes too long and still in 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing Disk Takes too long and still in 0%: Hey my laptop right now is in fixing disk state and it has been stuck in 0% for so long. It says "Fixing E: Stage 1 : 0%1087 of 612096; Total: 0%; ETA 999:00:00". Can anyone help me with the problem here? thanks...
  6. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  7. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  8. PC takes too long to shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC takes too long to shut down: Just pressed the shutdown button and took 5 entire minutes to my PC to shut down. When i turn it on, it takes 17s to boot up. Is there any solution to improve shutdown time? submitted by /u/minilio [link] [comments]...
  9. Restarting pc takes too long!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting pc takes too long!: Hello, i am using Windows 10 Pro x64. Since i installed Windows, restart is way too slow. But now it is even worse. It takes almost 20 seconds sometimes. I tried to disable something, which has to do with system saving state image and hibernation and to disable automatic...
  10. My notebook is taking too long to start and other problems...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My notebook is taking too long to start and other problems...: I already tried to disable unused programs from initializing with windows it worked for some time but not anymore. I already had to disable hibernate mode because it would hibernate and not return. Recently I need to press the button two times to start windows. At first it...