Windows 10: My PC is totally screwed

Discus and support My PC is totally screwed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't connect to the internet, there is no sound, and I can't even do a system restore. I updated the BIOS to the latest version before these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlackManINC, Nov 27, 2019.

1. My PC is totally screwed

I can't connect to the internet, there is no sound, and I can't even do a system restore. I updated the BIOS to the latest version before these problems occured, so I updated it again back to the previous BIOS version, and the problems still persist. Something is missing but I can't quite recall what it was. I think it had something to do with 'windows manager' or something.

Computer Specs:

O.S: Windows 10

Motherboard: Gigabyte Auros master AMD X570

GPU: AMD RX 470

CPU: Ryzen 7 3rd generation 3700x

SSD: Samsung QVO 860 2TB (Also have an HDD for storage)

:)

BlackManINC, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

My PC is totally screwed

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

My PC is totally screwed

1. My PC is totally screwed - Similar Threads - totally screwed

2. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00: What do I do? I want to cancel or stop it. Is it safe to spot it on the first Stage? This is the first launch if this os. Before launching it asked me to press a key if I wanted to cancel the disc checkup. I pressed the space bar. The timer stopped but the text was still on...
  3. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00: What do I do? I want to cancel or stop it. Is it safe to spot it on the first Stage? This is the first launch if this os. Before launching it asked me to press a key if I wanted to cancel the disc checkup. I pressed the space bar. The timer stopped but the text was still on...
  4. Fixing E: Stage 1: 0% 178 of 783872; Total: 0%; ETA: 999:00:00

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...

Ive done everything but total identified windows installations identified is still 0. Is...: Running Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 on Dell Inspiron AIO 5490 AIO. BIOS Mode UEFI and up to date.Total identified windows installations: 0 after using bootrec /rebuildbcd or bootrec /scanos command in Windows Recovery Environment. Ive done everything recommended online to...
  6. Once again the ads on Microsoft solitaire events have totally screwed up my game.

Once again the ads on Microsoft solitaire events have totally screwed up my game.: Once again the ads on Microsoft solitaire events have totally screwed up my game. The ad would not load correctly to start with and then I could not close out of it. It sent me to the Microsoft store, then refused to load the game at all. I am furious. I've sworn off...
  7. Windows 10 home version 2004 build has totally screwed up Cortana.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 home version 2004 build has totally screwed up Cortana.: Cortana was working fine till the recent 2004 upgrade on June 23rd. Now it's totally screwed up. Now she won't answer to a verbal call of her name. I have to hit the microphone button. There's no longer settings showing my personal information like local stores, banks in...
  8. Since 2/28 update, all our computers are totally screwed up: Screen saver problems.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since 2/28 update, all our computers are totally screwed up: Screen saver problems.: Since the latest update, ?2/28, our printer did not function, out internet was turned off, and our screensaver was totally screwed. After much time, we fixed our wireless and printer but still have major issues with our photo screen saver, which goes to a folder, not to...
  9. my keyboard is totally screwed since windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my keyboard is totally screwed since windows 10 upgrade: since installing win10 my keyboard is all to pot - left ctrl zooms the screen, right shift selects all and my touchpad scroll doesnt work at all - is there a fix for this or should i revert back - i have a packard bell ts11-hr and all was fine before the upgrade - thanks in...
  10. new build totally screwed pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new build totally screwed pc: firstly it hammered my desktop; had to change all the settings back to how I had it including resolution. Then none of my unstalled games will work, or run with blocky jumping screenplay. Changes in resolution did not change anything. Some games start then freeze. Not amused....