Windows 10: My PC is typing slashes by its self.

Discus and support My PC is typing slashes by its self. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my PC that the PC it self is typing forward slashes by it self, My PC type is Legion Y540 and I tried every single thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohammad Tamer, Jan 25, 2022.

1. My PC is typing slashes by its self.

Hello, I have a problem with my PC that the PC it self is typing forward slashes by it self, My PC type is Legion Y540 and I tried every single thing on YouTube and in every search link, I tried searching and trying to fix my computer and still there is no response, I wish anyone to help me in the situation as this is ruining my life so bad, I am living in this since September 2021 trying to contact other moderators and agents to help me, I checked the manufacturer and everything in YouTube and google, I really hope anyone help me with this, it is a big hassle. If you dive in to my profile you

:)

Mohammad Tamer, Jan 25, 2022

2. Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

Whenever I open any program that include/s a typing window, I hear a soft ring, followed by the typing window filling up with forward slashes. ///////////////////////// If I do nothing, the slashes continue filling the area ad infinitum. ///////etc..
    What can I do to stop this?

mike.liebermike.lieber, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Cannot get Forward OR Backward Slash to work in Windows 10

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we are happy to help you.

You are not able use forward slash key and backward slash key on your keyboard

Could you answer few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    • Do you have problem with any other keys?

I would like you to use On screen keyboard and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key+W and type On Screen Key Board.
    • Select Turn on screen Key Board on or off.
    • Click on Start On Screen Key Board.
    A new key board window will open up. Try to use that and check if it works.

Post back us with results. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Morgan123 Win User

My PC is typing slashes by its self.

Self Help PC Troubleshooting Guides

Hello, I'm brand new to your website. This is my first post here.

I'm looking for some self help guides / tutorials for PC troubleshooting - new Custom Desktop Builds.

1) Such as, dead Desktop Computer, no fans, no lights, no nothing....dead!

2) Blank Monitor, but fans spin.

3) Blank Monitor, suck in boot loop.

Don't like reading long drawn out explanations; I like tutorials which get right to the point.

Would prefer, by the numbers type format.

Step 1: Swap PSU
    Step 2: Swap Monitor
    Step 3: R&R all Cable connections, make sure you haven't plugged the 8 pin power cable in backwards.

Are there any PC troubleshooting guides like this on your website. Not sure, how to look them up here.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks ! *Smile

Morgan123, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

My PC is typing slashes by its self.

1. My PC is typing slashes by its self. - Similar Threads - typing slashes self

2. My pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on: My mecer pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on...again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-switching-on-its-selfand-switching-its/3d7335d0-e961-4012-b636-3254c319ec21
  3. My pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on: My mecer pc keeps switching on its self...and switching its self off just before its completely on...again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-switching-on-its-selfand-switching-its/3d7335d0-e961-4012-b636-3254c319ec21
  4. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  5. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  6. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. computer us typing by its self

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer us typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  8. My PC is typing slashes by its self.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is typing slashes by its self.: Hello, I have a problem with my PC that the PC it self is typing forward slashes by it self, My PC type is Legion Y540 and I tried every single thing on YouTube and in every search link, I tried searching and trying to fix my computer and still there is no response, I wish...
  9. Forward slashes keep typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forward slashes keep typing on its own: For some reason my computer won’t stop typing forward slashes on its own. I have switched keyboards and mouses, is there something else I can do to stop this? I have to use my phone to write this because I am unable to type anything when I try it’s just ///////////////....
  10. My PC Keeps Restarting its self

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC Keeps Restarting its self: I have a Gaming PC and I clicked for restart it back to when I had it last night as someone was going buy it but now I'm stuck on installing 64% on the windows then it shows that then the PC restarts its self anyone got any clue on how fix this submitted by...