Windows 10: My PC is unable to update

Discus and support My PC is unable to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For about 2-3 months now, my PC has problems updating. When the update is installed and requires a restart, the shut down process works, but the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A T, Mar 1, 2020.

1. A T
    A T Win User

My PC is unable to update

For about 2-3 months now, my PC has problems updating. When the update is installed and requires a restart, the shut down process works, but the system crashes on booting. I get the BSOD and I have to turn it on 3 times to make it work. I get the error code 0xc0000145 on the BSOD. Sometimes, the update doesn't install at all and I get the 0x80070017 code in the Settings app.

I tried manually installing the updates from the Catalog, but it gets stuck on 'Searching for updates', and so does the Windows Update Troubleshooter. The Microsoft Upgrade Assistant that I tried to use to install version 1909 gets stuck at 99%.

I also tried this, but it didn't work: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...80070017/e5605a78-55f3-4cc7-af1e-df14d097cc40

Moreover, it takes a lot of time to search for the updates and I can't see why.

Please don't provide me a solution I have already tried or something that only an inexperienced user wouldn't have tried I saw on other threads answers like that.

Thanks in advance

:)

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 1, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My PC is unable to update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 1, 2020
  4. My PC is unable to update

Unable to Update to Creators update

Hi Farzin,

To know more about your concern with Creators Update, please clarify the following:

• Are you still experiencing the same issue on your computer?
    • Have you tried the suggested steps provided above?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

My PC is unable to update

1. My PC is unable to update - Similar Threads - unable update

2. Windows 10 unable to installl updates 0x80073712

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 unable to installl updates 0x80073712: I am having trouble installing two Windows updates and it's driving me crazy: Update KB4534132 error 0x80073712 Update KB4541335 error 0x80073712 I have tried a lot of things: Downloading and installing the update manually installation failed Restarting Windows Update...
  3. Unable to install update

Unable to install update: Hi, I cannot install the following update:- 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4541335 - Error 0x800f0986. It downloads ok and installs right up to 100%, but then says unable to install some parts, will try again later. Have...
  4. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: My Lenovo 100s was doing windows 10 update to 1909 and is now stuck in loop saying " undoing changes made to your computer" I've tried doing manual hard reset power off and then on 3 times to access safe boot, but it does not go into safe boot mode and continues in loop....
  5. Unable to update Win10, due to increased Windows HD requirements

Unable to update Win10, due to increased Windows HD requirements: I have a very minimal HP notebook computer that came with Windows 10. It has a 20 GB solid-state drive that's basically an SD card soldered to the circuit board, so it can't be increased. Windows is at version 1809, and Windows can longer be updated as the minimum...
  6. Windows 10 update version 1709 KB4493441 unable to install

Windows 10 update version 1709 KB4493441 unable to install: For some time now my PC has been trying to install Windows 10 update version 1709 KB4493441. Update process goes as far as 100% then says could'nt complete the updates undoing changes, which involves a long drawn out procedure, with PC restarting a few times. Then starts...
  7. Window 10 unable to update

Window 10 unable to update: For some weeks now Windows 10 has failed to update, it keeps trying,even goes up to 100% ,then says failed to update and undoes changes. please assist if you can, as this happens everytime the laptop is turned on....
  8. Unable to update time via Internet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to update time via Internet: Today I happened to notice that my PC was a couple of minutes off, and that it hadn't synchronized time in a few months. I tried to manually synchronize, but it does not work. I have tried the following servers: time.windows.com pool.ntp.org time.nist.gov time-a.nist.gov...
  9. Unable to update driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update driver: Hello I have a Dell XPS 7390 laptop with a Killer Networking Card that I have been having issues with since I bought the computer. Everytime windows 10 update went through the wifi stops working and shows a Code 10 error in device manager. Sometimes it would get fixed on its...
  10. "Unable to Write" Issue for All of March Updates

"Unable to Write" Issue for All of March Updates: After Extensive digging I have found all march updates to fail for group policy installs. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4538461/windows-10-update-kb4538461 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4540673 All Clients get an error of unable to write when trying to...