Windows 10: My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

Discus and support My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Paris Zelfora, Apr 15, 2024.

1. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win 10; incompatible with 11. Wacom has stopped support for Win 11 tooRecently and strangely; Win 11 was able to read and run my Wacom Intuos 3 tablet & stylus for some time.But after the recent April 2024 Win Update, it stopped functioning.e.g. the tablet properties can run but no stylus detectedSo that's why I had to return to win 10.Wondering if having both systems could be a problem. ^^"Also, is there a recent model stylus any brand th

:)

Paris Zelfora, Apr 15, 2024

2. problem external HDD win 10

Hello.I have a problem with onw HDD.I have in this moment win 10 and I wanned to put again win 10 on the pc, and I started to download the Windows on a external HDD.The problem is that everything from that HDD dissapeard and now I have two partitions and
    I can access just one and from 2TB the pc can see just 30GB on the partition that have the download of win 10.The win 10 was just downloaded not installed.This thing happened automaticly after download.

GeorgeTole, Apr 15, 2024
  3. Juma_jay Win User
    Can not access Any External HDD in my Win 10 PC and it causes BSOD

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply,

Regarding your questions;

• I don't remember if there were any updates.
    • And Yes, I have tried my Hard Drive to other PCs (win 7 and win 10 particularly) and the hard drive can be accessed without any problem there.
    AND by the way it's not just this one external HDD that has problem with my PC, It is
    ANY external HDD that I connect (I have tried several hard drives, like 6 so far).

Here is a link of my last dump files;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07VVyCqHbWUWFpGOFJUMWd0eGc/view?usp=sharing

Thank you again for your time on this.

Juma_jay, Apr 15, 2024
  4. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

Using Windows 10 HDD on a Windows 11 pc.

After installing a Windows 10 hdd on a secondary drive in my new Windows 11 pc, can I switch to the win 10 hdd and run programs on it? Is that possible? If not, is there any way I can use the Win 10 programs on the Win 11 pc without installing them on the main hard drive.

David Masucci, Apr 15, 2024
Thema:

My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

1. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD? - Similar Threads - still run external

2. My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is win 11, can I still run Win 10 from an external HDD?: Hi,I have a Windows 11 PC that is my main; butI want to attach an external HDD with Win 10 for running my Wacom tablet/stylus.It only runs well on Win 10; incompatible with 11. Wacom has stopped support for Win 11 tooRecently and strangely; Win 11 was able to read and run my...
  3. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  4. Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer on Win 10 PC - I can access from another Win 10 PC, but not from new Win 11 PC: Been using the printer from another networked Win 10 PC for a year. Works just fine locally on USB-connected Win 10 PC. Win 11 PC can see the Win 10 PC and can see the printer. Attempts to connect to the printer fail. Attempts to connect to the C: drive on Win 10 PC fail. Win...
  5. Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work?

Changing from Win 10 to win 11. Programme still work?: I am using win 10. If I change to Win 11, will my old Works 4 programmes still work without any problems? Or are they likely to be deleted? Anything else I need to know?...
  6. in the update section it says "THIS PC CAN RUN WIN 11" but i am still not getting the...

in the update section it says "THIS PC CAN RUN WIN 11" but i am still not getting the...: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-the-update-section-it-says-this-pc-can-run-win/1d50d4c2-2d0e-482e-82f5-2c422cdc1e67
  7. in the update section it says "THIS PC CAN RUN WIN 11" but i am still not getting the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    in the update section it says "THIS PC CAN RUN WIN 11" but i am still not getting the...: please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-the-update-section-it-says-this-pc-can-run-win/1d50d4c2-2d0e-482e-82f5-2c422cdc1e67
  8. in the update section it says "THIS PC CAN RUN WIN 11" but i am still not getting the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. win 10 PC will not find my USB powered external HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 PC will not find my USB powered external HDD.: *Sad G'day to all, I recently bought a new PC with win 10 on board. I now find that I want to retrieve some data from my old PC which is unserviceable. I purchased a 22 pin sata to usb cable. When plugged in I find the Device manager will not find this new drive. The led's...
  10. can i install win 10 from hdd to another hdd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i install win 10 from hdd to another hdd?: i just bought new hdd and i want to install win 10 on it. i have a working win 10 and win 10 iso, can i just install win 10 to my other hard drive without usb or dvd? 23799