Windows 10: My pc isnt reading the right GPU

Discus and support My pc isnt reading the right GPU in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello so my laptop ran into the bad system error config problem about a year ago, i got some help from a friend to get it working again yesterday and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Annoninte, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Annoninte Win User

My pc isnt reading the right GPU

Hello

so my laptop ran into the bad system error config problem about a year ago, i got some help from a friend to get it working again yesterday and we managed to get it up and going by reinstalling windows 10 pro, but the games i play aren't running nicely such as league of legends, I went to look at the run tab "dxdiag" for my GPU and it says that i have an HD graphics family when this pc actually has an HD graphics 4000, it says that i have the HD graphics 4000 in my device manager under the Display Adapters menu but it says I have HD graphics family in the run tab when i type "dxdiag", I'm not sure why its not reading the right graphics card, please may someone help if they can.. thank you

:)

Annoninte, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Feb 5, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    GPU

Hi Michael

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

You should see your GPU listed, along with possibly an integrated graphics option

If that is no listed there:

Boot into BIOS (start your system, then on the manufacturers screen, repeatedly press the appropriate key (usually F2) to enter BIOS

Under System Information, you should find your GPU listed

If you still cannot find the GPU listing, what is the Make and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing . ..

DaveM121, Feb 5, 2021
  4. My pc isnt reading the right GPU

Jsssssssss, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

My pc isnt reading the right GPU

1. My pc isnt reading the right GPU - Similar Threads - isnt reading right

2. My storage isnt adding up right

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My storage isnt adding up right: I would post a image but cantMy problem is that my pc says 30gb free out of 118 So that means ive used 80 but theres like 20GB or so i cant find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-isnt-adding-up-right/1656104f-e2b0-41c9-8afb-595eb2113014
  3. My storage isnt adding up right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My storage isnt adding up right: I would post a image but cantMy problem is that my pc says 30gb free out of 118 So that means ive used 80 but theres like 20GB or so i cant find https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-isnt-adding-up-right/1656104f-e2b0-41c9-8afb-595eb2113014
  4. My storage isnt adding up right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My GPU isnt functioning: I just updated my GPU driver to its latest version i have a GTX1050 and after i restarted my PC my gpu just doesnt work i go on the task manager and its not there i went on the device manager and the following message appears under device status "A driver service for this...
  6. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My GPU isnt functioning: I just updated my GPU driver to its latest version i have a GTX1050 and after i restarted my PC my gpu just doesnt work i go on the task manager and its not there i went on the device manager and the following message appears under device status "A driver service for this...
  7. My GPU isnt functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. GPU temperature readings

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU temperature readings: All I want to know is how to change the temperature reading in the task manager for the GPU to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. Can someone help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpu-temperature-readings/c8cc7cc8-ac1f-4063-9e2b-0ce105c8042f
  9. my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my Nvidia gpu isnt there in graphics options: [ATTACH] my drivers are up to date, my bios has no options, ive tried deleting them, ive tried through the nvidia control panel, nothing worked. its preventing me from playing mc bedrock as hd 3000 isnt supported but GT 540m is. pls help. ive had this issue for months...
  10. My pc isnt working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc isnt working?: I was using my pc and accidentally unplugged it, so I plugged it back in, but when I boot it up, all my applications are glitched. Theyre still there, because I can click on them, but the icons are missing and it wont open then up. I cant pull up my taskbar or my settings to...