Windows 10: My PC isn't receiving any audio from my microphone

Discus and support My PC isn't receiving any audio from my microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been searching all over the internet for a solution to this problem which has surfaced overnight and I'm at a dead end after trying all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexJophill, Jul 4, 2019.

1. My PC isn't receiving any audio from my microphone

Hi all,

I've been searching all over the internet for a solution to this problem which has surfaced overnight and I'm at a dead end after trying all the solutions that have worked for everyone else. As the title says, my PC detects my headset microphone but speaking into it doesn't yield any sound input. I am using voicemeeter but even switching the sound input device in my PC settings to my headset microphone doesn't work. The headset I'm using is the HyperX Cloud 2 with the USB adapter.

I've tried:

• uninstalling and reinstalling devices and drivers
    • restarting my computer (power off and unplugging)
    • using antiviruses and registry cleaners
    • checking for settings in sounds/sound settings which are incorrectly set
    • checking for settings in privacy>microphone which are incorrectly set
    • seeing if my devices are correctly plugged in, then unplugging and replugging in
    • testing the headset on my Xbox, which it works perfectly on
    • using different USB ports
    • using the Windows 10 troubleshooter

I have not damaged my headset or the adapter recently so I don't suspect either has broken internals. I've been looking all over for solutions and I'd really appreciate some help.

:)

AlexJophill, Jul 4, 2019

2. my microphone isn t working

Hi Alexandra,

You may experience problems with a device due to an issue with its driver or the hardware device itself. To narrow down the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running? To check your build, go to
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Have you tried using the microphone on a different computer?
    • Have you tried using a different microphone?

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 4, 2019
  4. My PC isn't receiving any audio from my microphone

Microphone picks up headphone audio.

Hi,

A microphone is a sound receiver device that can record sounds and convert it to an audio file. To help us identify your concerns with your microphone, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the exact brand and model of your microphone?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver and press
      Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Did you use this microphone normally before? If yes, can you tell us if this was working properly?
    • Have you already contacted your manufacturer of your microphone for troubleshooting instructions?
    • Can you check if the device was installed properly in the Device Manager? To check it, follow these steps:
    1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click Device Manager.

3. Expand Sound, Video and game controllers.

4. Check if the devices under it have a yellow exclamation mark.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 to know how to reinstall your microphone on your
    PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

My PC isn't receiving any audio from my microphone

1. My PC isn't receiving any audio from my microphone - Similar Threads - isn't receiving audio

2. My microphone isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone isn't working: Today I turned on my laptop and wanted to talk to a friend but I couldn't because my built in microphone wasn't working I tried restarting my laptop, running the troubleshooter, watching youtube videos but nothing worked. I don't know how to fix it if someone can help me I...
  3. My microphone isn't working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone isn't working.: my microphone does not seem to be working recently and I'm not sure why. It says that no jack information on my microphone which I'd assume it has something to do with it but I am not sure...
  4. my pc isn't detecting my headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my pc isn't detecting my headset microphone: hi ,i recently bought a headset and i used splitter to plug it because i have combo jack.problem is i cant find it in windows , it doesn't even show up.i tried everything : updating drivers , replacing drivers, tried the headset on my phone and the mic worked perfectly since...
  5. My Microphone isn't being detected by my pc...

My Microphone isn't being detected by my pc...: Good Evening,My microphone that I just bought Elgato Wave:3 is not being detected by my pc, so I can't even troubleshoot it. It is not available in the microphone settings or anything else I've tried....
  6. My microphone isn't working in any third party apps.

My microphone isn't working in any third party apps.: Hi Guys,I just got my self a new microphone Razer Seiren Mini , but when I try to use it in apps such as obs and discord it doesn't work. When I go to the Windows sound settings and test my mic it works perfectly, it picks up my voice fine and the bar is moving , but in those...
  7. My computer isn't detecting my microphone audio

My computer isn't detecting my microphone audio: I was trying to do a Discord call with friends on my computer Which has Windows 10, but it wasn't detecting my microphone at all, even though there were no detectable issues regarding that. I opened Audacity to see if it would detect my microphone, but it was instead...
  8. Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice.

Microphone picks up audio from PC, not my voice.: Problem: I'm trying to talk to my friends using a voice chat app on my pc but it just plays stuff from the game i'm playing or video i'm watching, not my voice. Notes: New headset https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3106293 Headset has one pin for both microphone and audio...
  9. Not receiving audio from PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not receiving audio from PC.: I just got a new pair of headphones because my old ones stopped working but I’m not getting any audio from them. My PC recognizes the device and says everything is working, but I don’t hear anything. The new pair is Logitech headphones, and I also checked the audio drives but...
  10. Help! My PC isn't detecting my headphones and microphones!

Help! My PC isn't detecting my headphones and microphones!: Okay, lets start. So last week I decided to do some cable management and adding some sweet RGB strips into my PC. A while after installation, say a day or two, I notice my Front Panel audio and microphone ports aren't playing back any sound or recording anything. I followed...