Windows 10: My PC just started randomly restarting.

Discus and support My PC just started randomly restarting. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This started like 2 days ago. There is no BSOD and it mostly happens when my PC is idling, not during gaming or other heavy tasks. Today It happened 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Marek209_SK, Nov 6, 2020.

1. My PC just started randomly restarting.

This started like 2 days ago. There is no BSOD and it mostly happens when my PC is idling, not during gaming or other heavy tasks. Today It happened 7 times. When I look at event viewer, there is one thing in common before every restart. 'FileCrypt' and 'npsvctrig' always start just before the crash. I reverted the OC on everything and it still happened. I also don't think it's a failing PSU, because it's happening while idling. I need help, I've tried everything I could find online.

PC Specs:

i7-4790k, Gigabyte GA Z97-HD3, Adata XPG V1 16GB, EVGA GTX 1080 SC2.

submitted by /u/Marek209_SK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Marek209_SK, Nov 6, 2020

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Computer restarting randomly

Hi,

We want to know more about the issue you're having with your PC starting randomly. Please answer the questions below:

• When your PC restarts, are you having any error messages?
    • You said you got the computer fixed, do you remember what changes were made to the PC? Is this before changing the power supply or after?

Your response to our queries will be appreciated.

Robert Caw, Nov 6, 2020
  4. My PC just started randomly restarting.

Pc keeps restarting randomly

Hello

my sons pc restarts every 2-3 days seemingly randomly, no connection to what was being done at the time.

have replaced the power supply and in the process seated all the power connections...temperatures are on the low side...even fitted a better cooler an arctic A11 just to be safe....

wonderd what the mist bvious things are t check...

someone said uninstall the graphic card and drivers and reinstall after a reboot...

not done any any troubleshooting / remedial steps yest apart from the new psu and cooler...

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

My PC just started randomly restarting.

1. My PC just started randomly restarting. - Similar Threads - started randomly restarting

2. PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting: As the question stated, the PC either or just freezes or just randomly restarts. Been googling this on my brothers PC, could be a disk issue or a virus. We used HDTune to test the disk errors and there were 0 errors, this was done on safemode without networking since I was...
  3. PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting: As the question stated, the PC either or just freezes or just randomly restarts. Been googling this on my brothers PC, could be a disk issue or a virus. We used HDTune to test the disk errors and there were 0 errors, this was done on safemode without networking since I was...
  4. PC now starts randomly freezes or randomly starts restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello, so my pc just keeps restarting randomly when it restarts randomly my monitor turns...

Hello, so my pc just keeps restarting randomly when it restarts randomly my monitor turns...: I also got a blue screen of death and the error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and in the event viewer i got a A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID:...
  6. Hello, so my pc just keeps restarting randomly when it restarts randomly my monitor turns...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, so my pc just keeps restarting randomly when it restarts randomly my monitor turns...: I also got a blue screen of death and the error is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and in the event viewer i got a A corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID:...
  7. My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me.: My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me. I checked my Event Viewer and it says it was caused by a bugcheck or something of that nature. GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Super CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k RAM: 16GB Ram Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro...
  8. My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me.

My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me.: My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me. I checked my Event Viewer and it says it was caused by a bugcheck or something of that nature. GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Super CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k RAM: 16GB Ram Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro...
  9. My PC just randomly restart Win 10 Pro

My PC just randomly restart Win 10 Pro: Hi, I would like to ask you, how to investigate issue with working with my PC and from nowhere it restart.Some info:- Desktop PC with Windows 10 PRO version 20H2- I have antivirus so I don't expect any virus at least for now.- I have latest updates of MS- last unexpected...
  10. My PC just randomly restart

My PC just randomly restart: Hi, I would like to ask you, how to investigate issue with working with my PC and from nowhere it restart.Some info:- Desktop PC with Windows 10 PRO version 20H2- I have antivirus so I don't expect any virus at least for now.- I have latest updates of MS- last unexpected...