Windows 10: My PC just went black and restarted itself

Discus and support My PC just went black and restarted itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's done it like 2 other times this year so, unless that changes, I think it's safe to say it's nothing I should overly worry about...however, it's in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maxwilkes92, Aug 11, 2020.

1. My PC just went black and restarted itself

It's done it like 2 other times this year so, unless that changes, I think it's safe to say it's nothing I should overly worry about...however, it's in my nature to want to understand WHY it's doing it...even if it is infrequent. For example, I was literally browsing a website when it did it a few minutes ago.

When I checked EventViewer I see 3 critical errors...one from 31/05/2020, another from 27/06/2020, and the most recent one 11/08/2020 today.

Today's log just says...

My PC just went black and restarted itself b0180c37-929c-4fd4-ba0d-60e62158d3f7?upload=true.png

In the details section it shows this...

-System

-Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}
    EventID41
    Version6
    Level1
    Task63
    Opcode0
    Keywords0x8000400000000002
    -TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2020-08-11T18:39:09.232988300Z
    EventRecordID11765
    Correlation
    -Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8
    ChannelSystem
    ComputerDESKTOP-1MJ40DN
    -Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18
    -EventData

BugcheckCode278
    BugcheckParameter10xffffcd854e74e460
    BugcheckParameter20x0
    BugcheckParameter30x0
    BugcheckParameter40x0
    SleepInProgress0
    PowerButtonTimestamp0
    BootAppStatus0
    Checkpoint41
    ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn74
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFItrue
    CheckpointStatus0

:)

maxwilkes92, Aug 11, 2020

2. Black Screen after restarting computer (after installing intel HD 3000 graphics using teamviewer)

Hi Evan,

I realize that you get a black screen after restarting computer. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the PC?

• Does the issue reoccur if you remove the Intel HD 3000 graphics card?

Suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 11, 2020
  3. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Aug 11, 2020
  4. My PC just went black and restarted itself

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

Unplug your external devices

When you are at the black screen, try unplugging any peripherals you have plugged in at the time, and wait for a moment. If your screen becomes visible again, plug the peripherals back in one at a time.

Use Safe Mode

If unplugging peripherals not resolve the issue, for each of the troubleshooting steps below, you will need to use Safe Mode to troubleshoot this issue. To enter Safe Mode:

1. Reboot the PC, and when you reach the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you click the Power button and select Restart.
    2. When the system reboots, you will enter the Windows Recovery Environment.Select Troubleshoot, and then Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and Restart. When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.
    Reinstall your graphics card driver:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display Adapter.
    3. Right-click your display adapter and select Uninstall. Then reboot your PC.
    Check the registry

You may also see a black screen after signing in if the user interface has been replaced with software that is incompatible with Windows 10. You can check this in the registry. Warning: This solution will modify the registry. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Prior to attempting these steps, you should backup the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Run.
    2. Type regedit.exe into the Open text box and click OK.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    4. Click to select the WinLogon key, and then, in the right pane, click Shell. The value of Shell in the Data column should be explorer.exe. If the value of Shell isn't explorer.exe, double-click Shell, and then, in the Value data text field, enter explorer.exe, and then click OK.
    5. Close the Registry Editor and then restart your PC.

Check for a corrupted user account

There could be a problem with the user account. To test this, create a new administrator user account and check if the new account also boots to a black screen:

1. Once you’ve entered Safe Mode, right-click the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice):

net user test <password> /add
      net localgroup Administrators test /add

Provided by: Sharath Srinivasa, Microsoft Forum Moderator.

See if any of this works for you,
    John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

My PC just went black and restarted itself

1. My PC just went black and restarted itself - Similar Threads - went black restarted

2. My Windows 11 Home pc just randomly restarts itself???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 Home pc just randomly restarts itself???: Hi I'm not very computer oriented so apologies if I leave out any info you all need... but here goes:My pc has been randomly restarting itself and I can't figure out what the issue is. I've had it for a little over 2 1/2 years & bought it fresh from the warehouses. I've...
  3. My Windows 11 Home pc just randomly restarts itself???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 Home pc just randomly restarts itself???: Hi I'm not very computer oriented so apologies if I leave out any info you all need... but here goes:My pc has been randomly restarting itself and I can't figure out what the issue is. I've had it for a little over 2 1/2 years & bought it fresh from the warehouses. I've...
  4. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  5. My pc won't boot or restart just black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't boot or restart just black screen: Please help, few day ago, my pc when i press my power button my pc case and my pc boot, my Monitor is black not start or restart, just black screen. My pc spec: Amd ryzen 3 vega 8 2200g, Monitor: Samsung t2735f....
  6. My pc won't boot or restart just black screen

My pc won't boot or restart just black screen: Please help, few day ago, my pc when i press my power button my pc case and my pc boot, my Monitor is black not start or restart, just black screen. My pc spec: Amd ryzen 3 vega 8 2200g, Monitor: Samsung t2735f....
  7. My pc won't boot or restart just black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me.: My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me. I checked my Event Viewer and it says it was caused by a bugcheck or something of that nature. GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Super CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k RAM: 16GB Ram Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro...
  9. My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me.

My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me.: My PC just randomly went black and restarted on me. I checked my Event Viewer and it says it was caused by a bugcheck or something of that nature. GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Super CPU: Intel Core i7 9700k RAM: 16GB Ram Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro...
  10. My PC restarts by itself, no warnings, it just restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC restarts by itself, no warnings, it just restarts.: When I finished the build, I downloaded all drivers and I'm pretty sure everything is going well, I also benchmarked the system and all parts are working properly, Windows is up to date, Haven't downloaded any anti-virus software, and haven't changed anything in the BIOS...