Windows 10: My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

Discus and support My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, I have purchased a brand new ASUS VG279 monitor to use with my laptop. Whenever I leave it idle and come back, the laptop freezes up, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theskyfury1, Jul 31, 2020 at 4:07 PM.

1. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

Recently, I have purchased a brand new ASUS VG279 monitor to use with my laptop. Whenever I leave it idle and come back, the laptop freezes up, then crashes with a blue screen. The error message I get is a DPC_Watchdog violation.

I have attached a couple files including the DMP file and the MSInfo output.

:)

2. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

Recently, I have purchased a brand new ASUS VG279 monitor to use with my laptop. Whenever I leave it idle and come back, the laptop freezes up, then crashes with a blue screen. The error message I get is a DPC_Watchdog violation.

I have attached
    a couple files
    including the DMP file and the MSInfo output.

3. New Windows 10 PC Bluescreens when idle

I have a brand new build, Windows 10, Asus Z170-P motherboard, 12gb corsair ddr4, GTX 950, 1TB hard drive. Whenever I leave it idle it seems to bluescreen. This can happen after 20-30 minutes or not for an hour or more. Usually when I'm using it actively playing games it is fine. The bluescreen bug check string is various things from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER and a few others.

The minidumps for all the recent bluescreens are here:
    Minidump.zip

Things I've tried:

• Updating all my drivers, particularly the asus chipset drivers
    • Running Memtest overnight (7 passes in 9 hours, no issues found)
    • chkdisk (via windows 10 tools)

I really am stuck now. I took it back to the store where I bought all the parts and they said they tested it and it's all fine (they updated the chipset drivers again even though I had already done so) and for them it was running for 2 hours with no bluescreen.

If anyone has suggestions I'd be really grateful because I've run out of ideas!

UPDATE

Memory timings from CPU-Z added below:

My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in... senbH.png

My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in... GPuk3.png

4. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

Downloaded. I'll keep you posted if the crashes happen again.

Thema:

My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

1. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in... - Similar Threads - keeps bluescreening leave

2. PC Keeps Crashing/Bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps Crashing/Bluescreen: Hi my names Justin and I've spent the last week trouble shooting, and trying to find what's causing my issues, but nothing seems to work. I keep getting frequent game crashes, or Blue screens, mostly consisting of Page Fault in Non Paged area, or win32kbase error messages. I...
  3. Can I plug my switch into my pc via usb type c and put it on my monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I plug my switch into my pc via usb type c and put it on my monitor?: I have a pc running windows and a nintendo switch without a dock. Could i plug my switch into my pc via usb type c and then display my switch onto my monitor? submitted by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed [link] [comments]...
  4. Bluescreens with new PC

Bluescreens with new PC: I've been having issues with my new PC. It has been crashing and sometimes just not feeling as quick as it should. Here's a link to the minidumps it created during the bluescreens. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gUlEjOPGPxTfFH6BdO0qSqKBN23Sv_98/view?usp=sharing...
  5. When I leave my PC idle for about 20-30 minutes it slows down a lot.

When I leave my PC idle for about 20-30 minutes it slows down a lot.: Essentially what happens is that when I leave my computer to go do something, it lags a lot. When I come back and move my mouse, it looks like it's going at 1 frame per second and I can't open task manager, open the windows menu etc. Then after waiting 1-6 minutes of...
  6. My Windows 10 PC keeps saying that a new drive is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows 10 PC keeps saying that a new drive is plugged in: Hello, I have had an issue for the past couple of weeks and it gets pretty annoying: When I use my Windows 10 desktop, I got random notification (at least one each hour, sometimes 10 in a minute), saying that something has been plugged in my G: drive. When I open the file...
  7. my new monitor is not recognized by pc

my new monitor is not recognized by pc: I’ve bought a monitor MSI g27c2 but my computer does not recognise it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-monitor-is-not-recognized-by-pc/9e3424aa-27f4-4fb7-ab30-ed99f84c67a4
  8. LEAVE MY PC ALONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVE MY PC ALONE: Why Windows using all my Disk usage, im tired of this, Windows update, superfetech or whatever, delivery, widnows log, windows read WIDNOW WINDOWS WINODSW!!! can i use my pc for a bit if u dont mind??? i cant do anything, while playing i had lags because of WIndows, opening...
  9. My PC keeps freezing while gaming or idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps freezing while gaming or idle.: My PC freezes when it is idle or when i play games, i cant move my mouse , i cant do anything. i have to force restart it. I've tried many method but none of then worked. 114720
  10. I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.

I left my computer idle and it bluescreened. I will never know why.: Title says enough. I got on my computer a little while ago only to find that it had mysteriously rebooted. I looked in the event log and discovered that about 25 minutes ago there was a blue screen. No one was around the computer at that time, ruling out the cold boot bug....