Windows 10: My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

Discus and support My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, I have purchased a brand new ASUS VG279 monitor to use with my laptop. Whenever I leave it idle and come back, the laptop freezes up, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theskyfury1, Jul 31, 2020.

1. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

Recently, I have purchased a brand new ASUS VG279 monitor to use with my laptop. Whenever I leave it idle and come back, the laptop freezes up, then crashes with a blue screen. The error message I get is a DPC_Watchdog violation.

I have attached a couple files including the DMP file and the MSInfo output.

:)

theskyfury1, Jul 31, 2020

2. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

Recently, I have purchased a brand new ASUS VG279 monitor to use with my laptop. Whenever I leave it idle and come back, the laptop freezes up, then crashes with a blue screen. The error message I get is a DPC_Watchdog violation.

I have attached
    a couple files
    including the DMP file and the MSInfo output.

theskyfury1, Aug 1, 2020
  3. New Windows 10 PC Bluescreens when idle

I have a brand new build, Windows 10, Asus Z170-P motherboard, 12gb corsair ddr4, GTX 950, 1TB hard drive. Whenever I leave it idle it seems to bluescreen. This can happen after 20-30 minutes or not for an hour or more. Usually when I'm using it actively playing games it is fine. The bluescreen bug check string is various things from MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, BAD_POOL_HEADER and a few others.

The minidumps for all the recent bluescreens are here:
    Minidump.zip

Things I've tried:

• Updating all my drivers, particularly the asus chipset drivers
    • Running Memtest overnight (7 passes in 9 hours, no issues found)
    • chkdisk (via windows 10 tools)

I really am stuck now. I took it back to the store where I bought all the parts and they said they tested it and it's all fine (they updated the chipset drivers again even though I had already done so) and for them it was running for 2 hours with no bluescreen.

If anyone has suggestions I'd be really grateful because I've run out of ideas!

UPDATE

Memory timings from CPU-Z added below:

My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in... senbH.png

My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in... GPuk3.png

peacemaker, Aug 1, 2020
  4. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

Downloaded. I'll keep you posted if the crashes happen again.

theskyfury1, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in...

1. My PC keeps bluescreening if I leave it idle with my new monitor plugged in... - Similar Threads - keeps bluescreening leave

2. My PC keeps restarting when i'm leave it idle , How i'm can fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps restarting when i'm leave it idle , How i'm can fix it: Hello my pc keeps restartin and i'm don't know how to fix it. I'm tried command on terminal or console sfc / scannow and thats the textWindows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log...
  3. My PC keeps restarting when i'm leave it idle , How i'm can fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps restarting when i'm leave it idle , How i'm can fix it: Hello my pc keeps restartin and i'm don't know how to fix it. I'm tried command on terminal or console sfc / scannow and thats the textWindows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log...
  4. My pc keeps crashing when I leave a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps crashing when I leave a game: My pc is working fine during games even when on high load my temps don't exceed 85°C on GPU/CPU. The crashes happen when I leave the game. For example when playing COD Warzone 2 the game runs fine but when I leave the game and go into the lobby/menu my pc black screens and...
  5. My pc keeps crashing when I leave a game

My pc keeps crashing when I leave a game: My pc is working fine during games even when on high load my temps don't exceed 85°C on GPU/CPU. The crashes happen when I leave the game. For example when playing COD Warzone 2 the game runs fine but when I leave the game and go into the lobby/menu my pc black screens and...
  6. My pc keeps crashing when I leave a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. After leaving my PC idle for awhile. My PC will restart.

After leaving my PC idle for awhile. My PC will restart.: For some reason. If I leave my PC idle. At some point it will restart. When not attended. But when I use my PC. It works perfectly fine. Here is what event view lists:Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 2022-05-19 5:13:50 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category:...
  8. After leaving my PC idle for awhile. My PC will restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After leaving my PC idle for awhile. My PC will restart.: For some reason. If I leave my PC idle. At some point it will restart. When not attended. But when I use my PC. It works perfectly fine. Here is what event view lists:Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 2022-05-19 5:13:50 PMEvent ID: 41Task Category:...
  9. My Pc Keeps BlueScreening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc Keeps BlueScreening: Hello, I need serious help right now My PC keeps crashing at startup, i hadn't installed any software or anything the other day I didn't update it too. I cant even start up my computer. Please Help...
  10. My Pc Keeps Bluescreening!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Pc Keeps Bluescreening!: My custom built desktop bluescreens very often, like 3 times a day on average. When it bluescreens, it doesnt fill up the percentage at all. Ive found nothing on line about it, and i have nowhere else to go, please help! submitted by /u/SootiestJarl519 [link] [comments]...