Windows 10: My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own

Discus and support My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; That causes a loss of network connection and internet access. I reboot the device and the network name restores but then, an hour later it changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lori Pearsons, May 3, 2019.

1. My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own

That causes a loss of network connection and internet access. I reboot the device and the network name restores but then, an hour later it changes again and connection is lost. My PC is connected to the CenturyLink modem via a NetGear WN3000 WiFi Range Extender. All other wireless devices are not affected.

:)

Lori Pearsons, May 3, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, May 3, 2019
  3. Change name of Network

I am connected to my private network by USB however in the list of networks available there are at least 3 listed as "Network" including mine.

How can I change the network name to, say, the name of my device?

Daniel J White, May 3, 2019
  4. balubeto Win User

My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own

How do I change name of my LAN network?

I installed Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10130 on a computer connected to the LAN via Ethernet and I updated it.

How do I change, in a simple way, the name of my LAN network?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, May 3, 2019
Thema:

My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own

1. My PC keeps changing its LAN network name on its own - Similar Threads - keeps changing LAN

2. Time formatting keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time formatting keeps changing on its own.: Hello,I have a problem with my windows 11. I change my time format to 24:00 and it keeps changing on its own back to 12:00 AM/PM.I keep changing it back and also tried to change it in every account that I use via the settings of each Microsoft account individually.Any ideas...
  3. My PC keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC keeps restarting on its own: My PC keeps restarting whenever I do a sertain action: like copying or right-click in the command prompt.If anyone knows the answer please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-restarting-on-its-own/56dcc7a3-d1ad-4c6a-8927-a7ce4a82c32f
  4. My PC keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps restarting on its own: My PC keeps restarting whenever I do a sertain action: like copying or right-click in the command prompt.If anyone knows the answer please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-restarting-on-its-own/56dcc7a3-d1ad-4c6a-8927-a7ce4a82c32f
  5. My PC keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own: ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own very often and even more when i plug in the charger, the worst part is that it stacks up on like 5-6 times and it's annoying submitted by /u/K1ryu-Ch4n [link] [comments]...
  7. My PC changed on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC changed on its own: My pc changed on its own it became different it has the vita taskbar and mouse [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-changed-on-its-own/e9836358-20bc-4ac8-beef-7c2dd9dd97f6
  8. My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own: English isn't my first language so sorry for bad grammar. Here is the picture I found out this problem about two days ago. My lockscreen keeps changing to a picture that I've never seen or remember downloading before even though my lockscreen is on picture mode. I tried...
  9. My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own

in Windows 10 Support
    My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own: English isn't my first language so sorry for bad grammar. Here is the picture I found out this problem about two days ago. My lockscreen keeps changing to a picture that I've never seen or remember downloading before even though my lockscreen is on picture mode. I tried...
  10. My PC Keeps Freezing on Its Own!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC Keeps Freezing on Its Own!: My Windows 10 PC keeps freezing on its own while I'm doing my session, and I don't know how to fix that problem without turning off the computer and turning it back on! How am I supposed to fix that problem without turning off the computer and turning it back on?...