Windows 10: My PC keeps crashing and I cannot figure out how to fix it

Discus and support My PC keeps crashing and I cannot figure out how to fix it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Started in January. It just completely restarts randomly. Usually when I'm playing a game but recently I'm unsure what exactly is triggering it. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bobbi Evans, May 21, 2024.

1. My PC keeps crashing and I cannot figure out how to fix it

Started in January. It just completely restarts randomly. Usually when I'm playing a game but recently I'm unsure what exactly is triggering it. This is the second time I'm attempting to make this post because it crashed in the middle of making it it a minute ago. No blue screen, just turns off. Here are the codes it's showing in the crash log for the last crash. I have reinstalled windows multiple times, wiping everything most times. Updated the GPU and installed more RAM as well. Ran malware scanning, came back clean, scanned all files in command prompt and it came back clean. I don't know w

:)

Bobbi Evans, May 21, 2024
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. vinceip Win User
    Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, May 21, 2024
  4. peach1971 Win User

My PC keeps crashing and I cannot figure out how to fix it

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 21, 2024
Thema:

My PC keeps crashing and I cannot figure out how to fix it

1. My PC keeps crashing and I cannot figure out how to fix it - Similar Threads - keeps crashing cannot

2. My PC keeps crashing intermittently and I can't figure out why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps crashing intermittently and I can't figure out why: I have updated everything to the best of my knowledge, and virus scans return nothing. This has been happening randomly for months now, and I can't link any one thing to it happening. I have the minidump file and ran it, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Can someone...
  3. My PC keeps crashing intermittently and I can't figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC keeps crashing intermittently and I can't figure out why: I have updated everything to the best of my knowledge, and virus scans return nothing. This has been happening randomly for months now, and I can't link any one thing to it happening. I have the minidump file and ran it, but I can't make heads or tails of it. Can someone...
  4. My PC keeps crashing intermittently and I can't figure out why

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My PC keeps crashing and I cannot figure out how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps crashing and I cannot figure out how to fix it: Started in January. It just completely restarts randomly. Usually when I'm playing a game but recently I'm unsure what exactly is triggering it. This is the second time I'm attempting to make this post because it crashed in the middle of making it it a minute ago. No blue...
  6. Pc keeps crashing and i can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps crashing and i can't figure it out: For the past two months, my pc has been bluescreening, blackscreening, and constantly crashing out of games. I've replaced everything inside of my pc except my hard drive. I went to microcenter for help and they installed an ssd for me as well. I don't know what I'm doing at...
  7. Pc keeps crashing and i can't figure it out

Pc keeps crashing and i can't figure it out: For the past two months, my pc has been bluescreening, blackscreening, and constantly crashing out of games. I've replaced everything inside of my pc except my hard drive. I went to microcenter for help and they installed an ssd for me as well. I don't know what I'm doing at...
  8. Games Keep Crashing, Troubleshooting but Cannot Figure Out Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Keep Crashing, Troubleshooting but Cannot Figure Out Fix: Hello,Built A brand new PC 3 months ago. Everything working great until a few weeks ago. Specs: Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Zotac RTX 3060 12gb , Asrock B650 PG Lightning, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TBNvme, Corsair Veng DDR5 32GB, EVGA 750WMy games crash Chivalry2, Sea of...
  9. Games Keep Crashing, Troubleshooting but Cannot Figure Out Fix

Games Keep Crashing, Troubleshooting but Cannot Figure Out Fix: Hello,Built A brand new PC 3 months ago. Everything working great until a few weeks ago. Specs: Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Zotac RTX 3060 12gb , Asrock B650 PG Lightning, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TBNvme, Corsair Veng DDR5 32GB, EVGA 750WMy games crash Chivalry2, Sea of...
  10. i figure out how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i figure out how to fix this: 021-03-22 15:40:46, Info CSI 00000398 Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files x86\ is owned twice or has its security set twice Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.844, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8...