Windows 10: My PC keeps creating these DMP files every single second in my temp folder.

Discus and support My PC keeps creating these DMP files every single second in my temp folder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know what's causing it, or when it started, but my entire temp folder is full of these,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by randymaahs, Nov 9, 2018.

1. My PC keeps creating these DMP files every single second in my temp folder.

I don't know what's causing it, or when it started, but my entire temp folder is full of these, "PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-09--14-16-23_.dmp". No matter how many I delete, they literally just keep respawning over and over, every single second a new one is created. Can someone please help me with ASAP? I did install this stupid windows store app called WinDbg preview or something like that, for being able to read DMP files, but I just uninstalled it, and now I noticed whenever I try to paste anything, it keeps pasting this, "C:\Users\randy\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-09--14-17-58_.dmp". This never used to happen until recently. My Forza horizon 4 game keeps crashing on startup if I don't put it into full screen as fast as I can. It freezes on the intro splash screen. But now this Temp folder is creating a new DMP file literally every single second. What is this trying to tell me? Why is it happening? And HOW do I make it stop? I don't know what else to do right now. I've never had this happen to me before. It all started when this NahimicService.exe showed up on my PC, and I assumed it was from the WinDbg preview app I installed for reading the DMP files. But even after uninstalling that app, they're still here. Then when I try to delete the files, it mentions something about it can't delete because this audiodg.exe is in use. Then when I google this, it comes up that it has to do with my realtek driver, which I have an ASUS maximus X Code motherboard and it came with a realtek audio driver and sonic studio, but ever since they made sonic studio a UWP app from the windows store, I've been having terrible problems with my audio. So I installed the old version before the latest update they had, and the problems went away, but now I have these DMP files filling up my temp folder like crazy. How can I solve this?

:)

randymaahs, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Nov 9, 2018
  3. dmp files very 5 seconds

when I use Copy Paste function its not paste what I copy but create the link: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-05--01-11-13_.dmp

The problem is that windows is creating these files every 5 seconds. What can I do to stop this issue?

Thanks

RodrigoAstroza, Nov 9, 2018
  4. My PC keeps creating these DMP files every single second in my temp folder.

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

My PC keeps creating these DMP files every single second in my temp folder.

1. My PC keeps creating these DMP files every single second in my temp folder. - Similar Threads - keeps creating DMP

2. Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?: I have witnessed following files being created on my PC during the startup: C:\\Users\\User1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping11296_2132512403\\app-setup.js...
  3. Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?: I have witnessed following files being created on my PC during the startup: C:\\Users\\User1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping11296_2132512403\\app-setup.js...
  4. trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder: trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojans-create-file-for-appdata-temp-or-windows/5f158b9d-b52f-4a62-b5ef-e6a7105ec4bd
  5. Mysterious files in my "Temp" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious files in my "Temp" folder: Lot's of random files in my "Temp" folder. I had a computer virus a few months ago, and I'm worried that a few of these are related to it. Can anyone tell me what they are? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows keeps creating Program Files folder on second drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps creating Program Files folder on second drive.: I have a second drive that i use for games and windows keeps creating this folder everytime I boot my pc. Theres nothing in it but I can't get rid of it. Is there anyway to make it stop? submitted by /u/Maxilos9999 [link] [comments]...
  7. Multiple Temp folders/files created at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Temp folders/files created at startup: Hello, I was recently trying a few different AV programmes on my Win10 Pro machine. When I restart the machine, or it wakes from sleep, multiple folders & tmp files are created, probably 20-30 or so, all the files are zero size. There are also a bunch of SDIAG folders,...
  8. There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a file that keeps generating in my %temp% folder: Hello , so a few weeks ago suddently I found out that I cannot use the ctrl+c or ctrl+v in a program. When I tried to copy and paste something in a text file it showed the file location to this...
  9. Window auto creates .dmp file on temp folder every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window auto creates .dmp file on temp folder every 5 seconds: When I use the copy-paste function in my window, when I paste it pastes a link like this: "C:\Users\MSI\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-12--02-40-24_.dmp" I checked the temp folder follow...
  10. PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDump .dmp file created in temp every 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDump .dmp file created in temp every 5 seconds.: I noticed the problem after I copy text and paste it. It pastes this text. C:\Users\krise\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-10--16-41-13_.dmp When I navigated to location folder, I found .dmp...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel creating .dmp files every 5 seconds

2. Sangeeta Sarkar dmp file

3. pc creates dmp files