Windows 10: My pc keeps freezing and screen goes black after....

Discus and support My pc keeps freezing and screen goes black after.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue for the last couple of days now. My pc screen goes black randomly and freezes for about 10 - 20 seconds. It happens very randomly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sebastiaan de Bruin, Mar 3, 2019.

1. My pc keeps freezing and screen goes black after....

Hi,

I have an issue for the last couple of days now.
    My pc screen goes black randomly and freezes for about 10 - 20 seconds.
    It happens very randomly, sometimes when I am gaming and sometimes while I'm doing nothing at all.

I was wondering if someone could help me fix this issue, it prevents me from playing competitive games now...

I already did a fresh install of windows, and haven't installed anything I do not use. Only things I installed:

Steam - CS:GO
    ICue Corsair software

Discord

Google Chrome

I have some LogDumps here:

LogDumps on Tom's Hardware Forum

Latest crash:
    Latest Log's On PasteBin

Also my cs:go crashed once while this happend with the following error code:

Failed to lock index buffer in CMeshDX8::LockIndexBuffer

PC:
    Ryzen 7 1700X at 3.4Ghz
    RTX 2080 Ti
    16 GB 2666 Corsair DDR4 RAM
    Gigabyte AX370 AM4 motherboard (Gaming k5)
    Corsair 750W PSU

:)

Sebastiaan de Bruin, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

My pc keeps freezing and screen goes black after....

PC goes into black screen and froze

I know.
    that is exactly what happens to me. Maybe i expressed myself in a wrong way.
    Anyways... did you try to use a different 8 pin cable ?

Cvrk, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

My pc keeps freezing and screen goes black after....

1. My pc keeps freezing and screen goes black after.... - Similar Threads - keeps freezing screen

2. My PC keeps randomly freezing, the screen goes black the pc turn off and then restarts back up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps randomly freezing, the screen goes black the pc turn off and then restarts back up.: This has been happening over the course of many years and i have not been able to find a fix i have updates all of my drivers and my windows is up to date. I am not sure what else i can do to fix this issue if anyone has any advice it would help greatly....
  3. my computer continuously freezes and then the screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer continuously freezes and then the screen goes black: i recently built a new computer and everything was working fine until i installed a windows update. the update was one were i had to restart my computer to install. the computer never turned off and was on all night until i decided to cold restart it. now i have a problem...
  4. my computer continuously freezes and then the screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer continuously freezes and then the screen goes black: i recently built a new computer and everything was working fine until i installed a windows update. the update was one were i had to restart my computer to install. the computer never turned off and was on all night until i decided to cold restart it. now i have a problem...
  5. my computer continuously freezes and then the screen goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  7. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  8. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

9. Screen freezes then goes black.

Screen freezes then goes black.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffdc07ca624050 Parameter 2: fffff8034d082298 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19042 Service Pack:...
  10. My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares

My pc freezes and my screen goes black with white squares: Hi, im having issues with my pc, white squares show up on my screen and then my pc freezes. I can also see them appear on my screen at the choose on OS screen. I dont have any screen shots and the squares appear on my secondary screen. I tried system restore but that did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc freezes abnd goes black screen