Windows 10: My PC keeps freezing? Clock_watchdog_timeout ERROR

Discus and support My PC keeps freezing? Clock_watchdog_timeout ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there. I have been having problems with my PC multiple times these last several weeks. It started when I played the game MORDHAU. Suddenly, whie... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Netmun, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Netmun Win User

My PC keeps freezing? Clock_watchdog_timeout ERROR

Hello there.
    I have been having problems with my PC multiple times these last several weeks.

It started when I played the game MORDHAU.
    Suddenly, whie I was playing, my PC just froze... And after about an hour, I chose to hold the shutdown button for 10 seconds.
    This was the only way I could stop my PC from freezing.
    My PC has since been freezing randomly while I have been playing video games, but it has also happened at times I have not been playing.
    I'd say that is has happened a few times every week these past several weeks.

But this last time that my PC froze, I also got a BSoD. I noticed that I got the ERROR code "CLOCK_WATHCDOG_TIMEOUT".
    After getting the error code, I started looking around on the internet for answers to fix my problem.

I have tried to manually install new drivers for my GPU, reinstall and then update my Nvidia Geforce Experience drivers. This didn't work.

I also tried following this link: https://www.****/knowledge/fix-computer-freezes-when-playing-games-easily/
    I tried out all the Methods, with the exception of Method 2, because I couldn't figure out how to use their Driver Easy program without paying for it.
    And this also didn't work.

I then found this video: "How to Speed Up Your Windows 10 Performance (by Geeks Tutorial)" which claims to increase the productivity of the pc, and give a better gaming experience. I followed all the steps in the video, with the exception of editing the Performance Settings in the end of the video.

I also found an article, that said I should uninstall whatever Virus programs I have currently enabled. Which I then did. And then I got BullGuard Premium Protection. I have done several scans on my PC to search for malicious software. But I don't think that is the problem.

The last thing I tried, was to install a program called "Speccy" (Image), and I noticed in the program, that my Motherboard's temperature is 112°C.
    I checked through the different tabs on Speccy, and I noticed that my CPU has a very unstable temperature, jumping between 60-75°C mostly, but easily exceeding 80°C, even when I'm not playing anything.

I have been wondering for a while if it's the high temperatures that are at fault, and how I can fix it.
    Like every time my PC freezes, I've also noticed that the Cabinet has felt very hot. Which is also the reason why I looked into the program "Speccy"
    So I wonder if I should get a new Cabinet for my pc, and perhaps get more PC fans.

I would appreciate it a lot if anyone can tell me what to do, because at this point I only run into very complex ways to fix my problem, like updating my BIOS and doing a rollback of my drivers/Windows updates. But I don't understand any of that.

I'm sorry if I have written too much, but I thought I should be thorough with the things I have tried.
    I'd appreciate any help.

:)

Netmun, Aug 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 Freeze and clock_watchdog_timeout error

Hi,

When I first bought my pc, I tried installing windows 8. Just after the installation, the pc would freeze or give me blue screen (can't remember the error). I installed Windows 7 and everything was good .Today, I installed windows 10 (clean install, not
    upgrade). I started having the same problem. The system won't even reach the page to set up my (new) user settings. It freezes right after the first loading screen. Sometimes it freezes after I configure (or skip) wifi connection. Sometimes it gives me blue
    screen with clock_watchdog_timeout error. Since I cant install any drivers, what can I do? (I cant even use restore settings because I haven't configured an administrator) If I reinstall windows 7 and they work, can I just upgrade so it will keep the drivers?
    Can it be a hardware problem, since windows 7 work?

ΧρήστοςΔικτόπουλος, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Freezing and BSOD Clock_Watchdog_Timeout

Hello,

I just built a new PC and am having difficulties with Freezing and BSOD Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error. This seems to happen regardless of what I am doing (Playing video games to surfing the web to streaming music via Spotify). I have followed the steps of
    a previous recommended Microsoft wiki and collected the following data. I collected the Minidump files and the system specs via MSInfo. Below is the link to that.

MOBO: Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 GAmin-ITX/ac

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200

Graphics Card: Gforce 770

RAM: 16GB installed PNY DDR4 Anarchy 2400MHz

Operating system: Win 10 Home

Link to Google Drive for files

FISHWishkid53, Aug 5, 2019
  4. My PC keeps freezing? Clock_watchdog_timeout ERROR

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting BSOD message Clock_Watchdog_Timeout on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

Unplug all external devices connected to the pc and restart the computer to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. If you recently added new hardware to your PC, shut down your PC, unplug the new hardware, and then restart your PC.

Once you are able to get to the desktop, ensure to install all pending updates and also update all device drivers.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

My PC keeps freezing? Clock_watchdog_timeout ERROR

1. My PC keeps freezing? Clock_watchdog_timeout ERROR - Similar Threads - keeps freezing Clock_watchdog_timeout

2. Windows freezes and clock_watchdog_timeout error occuees

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes and clock_watchdog_timeout error occuees: I have installed os in my new ssd card. After windows load it freezes after 5mint and clock watchdog timeout error occurs. I have tried removing any extra hardware and also updated my bios to latest.but still same issue occures. Need expert opinion to reaolve the issue. I...
  3. Windows freezes and clock_watchdog_timeout error occuees

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes and clock_watchdog_timeout error occuees: I have installed os in my new ssd card. After windows load it freezes after 5mint and clock watchdog timeout error occurs. I have tried removing any extra hardware and also updated my bios to latest.but still same issue occures. Need expert opinion to reaolve the issue. I...
  4. Windows freezes and clock_watchdog_timeout error occuees

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. pc freeze randomlye and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freeze randomlye and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bsod: hi my pc freezes randomly and restart when im trying to play gamessometimes it shows a bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUThere are some information in my reliability monitor:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎6/‎8/‎2022 2:28 PMStatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem...
  6. pc freeze randomlye and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freeze randomlye and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bsod: hi my pc freezes randomly and restart when im trying to play gamessometimes it shows a bsod CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUThere are some information in my reliability monitor:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎6/‎8/‎2022 2:28 PMStatusReport sentProblem signatureProblem...
  7. pc freeze randomlye and CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bsod

8. My PC keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC keeps freezing: Hey all, please help! My PC freezes when I do a performance test (User Benchmark, Cinebench etc). It's not a bluescreen - the mouse just stops and nothing reacts (no task manager, nada). The PC is one day old, here are the specs: i9 10850, MSI Meg Z490, RTX 3070, Hyperx...
  9. New PC Clock_WatchDog_Timeout and random Freezes

New PC Clock_WatchDog_Timeout and random Freezes: Hi all I bought and built a custom PC about 3 days ago: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, Asus Strix Radeon Rx 590, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ml240r rgb cooler, Cooler Master mwe 650w bronze 80+, Firecuda 1tb 3.5" SSHD and Samsung 860pro 512gb (installed OS on this...
  10. Brand new Build. BSod CLock_Watchdog_Timeout and Freezes.

Brand new Build. BSod CLock_Watchdog_Timeout and Freezes.: I spent all weekend building up a new computer: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X41 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i used to have clock_watchdog_timeout now computer just freezes

2. clock watchdog timeout freezing