Windows 10: My PC keeps freezing for an unknown reason.

Discus and support My PC keeps freezing for an unknown reason. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi folks.I reinstalled Windows 10 Home not long ago after downloading it directly from Microsoft. The programs I've installed since are just ones that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Calv44, May 26, 2021.

1. Calv44 Win User

My PC keeps freezing for an unknown reason.

Hi folks.I reinstalled Windows 10 Home not long ago after downloading it directly from Microsoft. The programs I've installed since are just ones that I had installed before and didn't cause any freezing or other problems. For the past week though my PC keeps freezing and I don't know why. It's usually when it's been idle&n

:)

Calv44, May 26, 2021

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, May 26, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 keeps freezing on my PC.

Hi,

Corrupted system files may be the possible reason why your computer keeps freezing. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from reinstalling Windows and updating drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to improve your computer performance in Windows 10. You may expand
    Check memory and memory usage
    to find out how much memory you have and how much of it is currently being used. Also, try to scan and restore corrupted system files by expanding
    Check for corrupted Windows system files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 26, 2021
  4. aries117 Win User

Computer Keeps Freezing

It froze again, and the common problem I see throughout most of the freezes is a driver atksgt.sys being blocked from loading. It is related to Tages Protection from Tages SA and it says it has a driver that is installed that causes stability problems with my system. It says it will be disabled but I think this is why my pc keeps freezing. Any suggestions as to what it may be for and/or if I can get rid of it and how?

I never downloaded a program from Tages SA so I am not sure what it could be from.

aries117, May 26, 2021
Thema:

1. My PC keeps freezing for an unknown reason. - Similar Threads - keeps freezing unknown

2. PC and apps keeps crashing for unknown reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC and apps keeps crashing for unknown reason: My computer keeps crashing for an unknown reason. Would like some help locating the problem.Link to all the minidumps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bhv235ysatmok69/dumpfiles.zip/fileCPU: I7 - 14700KFGPU: Geforce RTX 460 TiMotherboard: B760M - PLUSRAM: 2 x 16 corsair...
  3. PC and apps keeps crashing for unknown reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC and apps keeps crashing for unknown reason: My computer keeps crashing for an unknown reason. Would like some help locating the problem.Link to all the minidumps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bhv235ysatmok69/dumpfiles.zip/fileCPU: I7 - 14700KFGPU: Geforce RTX 460 TiMotherboard: B760M - PLUSRAM: 2 x 16 corsair...
  4. My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.

My computer keeps freezing and lagging for absolutely no reason.: Most of the time I have no programs running and it will still lag and freeze. I noticed when I press the windows key everything seems but my cursor is still not moving. I thought it might be the driver so I tried updating it but I still get the same issue. I have 8gb of RAM...
  5. My pc hard freezes for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc hard freezes for no reason: Hey I have prob with my pc it crashes every time when I'm playing games no meter how low spec game it still crashes... I have no mini dump files cuz my pc hard freezes and I'm forced to press that restart button on my pc.... but I can give you the system...
  6. My pc hard freezes for no reason

My pc hard freezes for no reason: Hey I have prob with my pc it crashes every time when I'm playing games no meter how low spec game it still crashes... I have no mini dump files cuz my pc hard freezes and I'm forced to press that restart button on my pc.... but I can give you the system...
  7. PC freezes for unknown reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes for unknown reasons: Hi all,Lately I've been experiencing freezes while gaming. It happened with CSGO and GTA V so far. Tried windowed, borderless and fullscreen. It mainly happens when I alt+tab, although sometimes it also freezes while doing other things. When it happens I'm usually on a voice...
  8. PC freezes for unknown reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes for unknown reasons: Hi all,Lately I've been experiencing freezes while gaming. It happened with CSGO and GTA V so far. Tried windowed, borderless and fullscreen. It mainly happens when I alt+tab, although sometimes it also freezes while doing other things. When it happens I'm usually on a voice...
  9. PC freezes for unknown reasons

10. Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 today. I put it on a USB, wiped every drive clean, and reinstalled Windows on my SSD. However, the system keeps freezing at random, and I have no idea why. It doesn’t seem to be linked to any program running. I’ll just be doing...