Windows 10: My pc keeps freezing when I play minecraft java edition or certain steam games

Discus and support My pc keeps freezing when I play minecraft java edition or certain steam games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi im posting this on here because i cannot get a hold of Microsoft support. My PC specs are: AMD Fx 6300 Rx 560 8GB Ram Whenever I launch a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BDS2004, May 21, 2020.

1. BDS2004 Win User

My pc keeps freezing when I play minecraft java edition or certain steam games

Hi im posting this on here because i cannot get a hold of Microsoft support.

My PC specs are:

AMD Fx 6300

Rx 560

8GB Ram

Whenever I launch a game like Minecraft Java edition, I can play for maybe 10 minutes and my whole computer freezes causing me to force a hard reboot/restart I know thats bad for my PC I just need help so I can fix this and get back to playing some games during these boring times.

Hopefully someone can help

:)

BDS2004, May 21, 2020
  2. CJTT# Win User

Setting Microsoft Family app limit on Minecraft Java edition

Time spent using Minecraft Java edition doesn't show up in the list of apps used in Microsoft Family. This means you can't set an app limit on it. Minecraft launcher shows up, but it only says it has been used for 1 minute, whereas i know the game has
    been played for hours. How can parental controls be applied here? It works for Minecraft Windows 10 edition but not Java.

CJTT#, May 21, 2020
  3. Add Minecraft to Steam Store

I think I understand two parts from the original request.

• It should be possible to buy Minecraft over Steam. But I can understand that this would mean a lot of legal discussions and contracts, as well as an internal conflict since Steam is essentially a competitor to the Windows Store Games section.
    • It should be possible to add the game starter to an external application. This is not possible for the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft, it only works for the Java edition.
    You could at least try to fix the second part of this request. So anyone could add Minecraft to an external application such as Steam:

Add Non-Steam Games to a Library
    . Any means to start Minecraft for Windows 10 via, say, an .exe file, could accomplish that. Sadly, Minecraft for Windows 10 uses some other "magic" to get it started, as it links to the Store (Minecraft.lnk properties shows
    Microsoft.Minecraft UWP_<something>), where UWP is short for Universal Windows App. Nice, but not very helpful for classic program starters...

Windows User 330250, May 21, 2020
  4. My pc keeps freezing when I play minecraft java edition or certain steam games

Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi all,

Today I come to Microsoft's site hoping to get some help because I cant find a solution to my problem anywhere else. First let me give the specs of my PC:

CPU/GPU: AMD A10-7850k Radeon R7, 12 Compute cores 4C+8G @ 3.8 GHz

Installed memory: 16GB (14.9GB usable)

Operating System: Windows 10 pro (x64) with latest updates

1TB HDD

Java Version: (build 1.8.0_111-b14)

My problem is a random whole computer freeze at about 30 minutes into playing Minecraft Vanilla 1.10.2 or any version. This freeze only occurs on this game, meaning I am able to play more graphic and CPU intensive games without a problem. When the computer
    freezes, you're unable to do anything, you cant "tab," out, (ctl+alt+del) doesn't work, absolutely no input is received. The only way to unfreeze the computer is to "hard reset," which isn't healthy at all. This is not a memory problem, Ive tried giving java
    up to 4GB of memory but still experience the freeze up. Even before giving Java the memory, minecraft didn't use or allocate much memory anyway and its CPU usage was fine as well. When freezing, the PC just stops on the last frame it was on during the game,
    and some pixels end up looking buggy in that frame, but after a hard reset, everything is back to normal, I just cant play Minecraft. Also there is no log or event in the event log when I check it afterwards, it doesn't even say that the computer crashed or
    froze. Ive also tried reinstalling my video driver, and reinstalling java and minecraft, but I still experience the freeze up. Can anyone help me? If more info is needed just ask.

BrandonCrawford, May 21, 2020
Thema:

My pc keeps freezing when I play minecraft java edition or certain steam games

1. My pc keeps freezing when I play minecraft java edition or certain steam games - Similar Threads - keeps freezing play

2. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games: When I play certain games, which are pretty high graphic, my pc freezes completely. I cant type anything, i can sometimes hear the audio but sometimes it just stops, and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Sometimes when it freezes it has the sound of a usb...
  3. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games: When I play certain games, which are pretty high graphic, my pc freezes completely. I cant type anything, i can sometimes hear the audio but sometimes it just stops, and I have to shut it down by pressing the power button. Sometimes when it freezes it has the sound of a usb...
  4. PC keeps on freezing completely when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft Java edition not working with pc game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Java edition not working with pc game pass: It was working fine for about a week now its saying i only have access to the demo can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-java-edition-not-working-with-pc-game/33c2dd81-7269-4c84-b426-0c9274fcfdb2
  6. Minecraft PC Java Edition

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Minecraft PC Java Edition: I bought my daughter the Minecraft PC Java Edition. When I entered the game code I think the game loaded onto my son's old username. When I go onto my daughters profile it still only lets her use the demo mode. Does anyone know if I can move the game over to her profile....
  7. Computer freezes when Minecraft Java Edition is running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer freezes when Minecraft Java Edition is running: When playing Minecraft, the entire computer can freeze in different ways when Minecraft 1.16.3 is e.g. loading resource packs or a world. In all cases I have to hard restart the PC using the power button, but one time it was as if only the screen froze heard youtube video...
  8. Minecraft Java edition fail to play.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java edition fail to play.: When I got minecraft I decided to get Widows edition first. I bought it and played for a while then I noticed that I could only play certain servers on java edition so I buy java edition. After buying I successfully installed. when I opened the minecraft start up I could only...
  9. PC keeps freezing when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps freezing when playing games: Recently my pc has started freezing when playing games but in a weird way. At first my pc would just freeze outright after a few hours of playing games but i could still hear audio from the game and my friends talking on discord. but now the moment i open a game, first my...
  10. Minecraft Java edition freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java edition freezing: I've been trying to play Minecraft, so basically what's happening is I'll click on Minecraft launcher, launch Minecraft, it will open the java app, it will show the white screen with the red progress bar, the progress bar will load, but only to about 80%, where it just...