Windows 10: My pc keeps getting black screen

Discus and support My pc keeps getting black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i decided to build a new pc last week and i was really excited. I took stuff like the cooling and gpu from older pc since those parts are still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SairentoKangi, Jan 19, 2021.

1. My pc keeps getting black screen

So i decided to build a new pc last week and i was really excited.

I took stuff like the cooling and gpu from older pc since those parts are still brand new.

But for some reason when i play games i get lag and then black screen...

It works a second after but everything that was running crashed.

Games, videos on youtube, etc.

I can still hear audio however

I thought it was the nvidia drivers or windows software that glitched so i reinstalled the drivers for gpu.

I didnt do anything to windows since i did a sfc and it couldn't find anything.

Then i thought it was the power supply since i didn't have a certain cable that i needed for motherboard so i replaced the power supply as well.

Turns out that it wasn't since yet so i added more RAM as well but still nothing fixed.

Now I'm basically clueless on what to do.

The black screens happen more often now and even when i dont play at all.

I also had a blue screen that said something about video memory.

When i run unreal engine stuff it said D3D device lost or something like that.

Could it be that there is something wrong with my gpu?

Or is it something else and how do i fix it

:)

SairentoKangi, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 19, 2021
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

My pc keeps getting black screen

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

My pc keeps getting black screen

1. My pc keeps getting black screen - Similar Threads - keeps getting black

2. My games keep crashing the PC. I keep getting Black Screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games keep crashing the PC. I keep getting Black Screen.: Whenever I play games, I keep getting a black screen a few seconds after running the game. I suspected it may be a driver problem so I uninstalled drivers using DDU and did a clean reinstall of them. I still get the same problem. I viewed the eventviewer app and it shows a...
  3. My games keep crashing the PC. I keep getting Black Screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games keep crashing the PC. I keep getting Black Screen.: Whenever I play games, I keep getting a black screen a few seconds after running the game. I suspected it may be a driver problem so I uninstalled drivers using DDU and did a clean reinstall of them. I still get the same problem. I viewed the eventviewer app and it shows a...
  4. I keep getting black screen

I keep getting black screen: I get many black screens but every time the reason is different I Checked the event viewer and it seems most problems are error 141 or dwm.exe crashingbefore you say it- I updated my gpu driver- I switched my cablessome black screen events by screen viewer1. Fault bucket...
  5. I keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting black screen: I get many black screens but every time the reason is different I Checked the event viewer and it seems most problems are error 141 or dwm.exe crashingbefore you say it- I updated my gpu driver- I switched my cablessome black screen events by screen viewer1. Fault bucket...
  6. KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEEPS GETTING BSOD and BLACK SCREENS: I keep getting BSOD & sometimes stuck at black screen while playing games, while my laptop is idle, or whenever I can't seem to find the problem. i tried the memory diagnostic and the result were there's no error. Here are my event logs can someone help me with...
  7. When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.: Hello everyone i have a question today. Yesterday i opene my pc as usual and from some reason it froze, i reseted it from the case button then when i opened it again after some time it froze again and the second time i reset it i got put in the "repairing your pc" screen and...
  8. When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.: Hello everyone i have a question today. Yesterday i opene my pc as usual and from some reason it froze, i reseted it from the case button then when i opened it again after some time it froze again and the second time i reset it i got put in the "repairing your pc" screen and...
  9. When i start my PC it keeps getting black screens.

10. i keep getting black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    i keep getting black screen: the last two times I have been getting a black screen it says to close other programs but I cant do it any ideas? 24339