Windows 10: My PC keeps hibernating when I am doing things.

Discus and support My PC keeps hibernating when I am doing things. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer is hibernating even when the option is off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Riley Howery, Aug 19, 2021.

1. My PC keeps hibernating when I am doing things.

My computer is hibernating even when the option is off.

:)

Riley Howery, Aug 19, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Aug 19, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    Pc keeps hibernating

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern about your PC hibernating randomly, we would like to ask a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any hardware/software changes done on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What version and build of Windows 10 are you on? To check, type winver on
      Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • Are there any available security updates for Windows?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to be exact?

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

My PC keeps hibernating when I am doing things.

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

My PC keeps hibernating when I am doing things.

1. My PC keeps hibernating when I am doing things. - Similar Threads - keeps hibernating doing

2. I am unable to hibernate my Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to hibernate my Windows 11 PC: I am unable to hibernate my windows 11 pc after my last update. How can I fix this use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-hibernate-my-windows-11-pc/92bbdad9-a8ff-4ea6-b9f4-6beefb53aea2
  3. I am unable to hibernate my Windows 11 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to hibernate my Windows 11 PC: I am unable to hibernate my windows 11 pc after my last update. How can I fix this use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-hibernate-my-windows-11-pc/92bbdad9-a8ff-4ea6-b9f4-6beefb53aea2
  4. I am trying to reset my PC without loosing files. What is the right thing to do?

I am trying to reset my PC without loosing files. What is the right thing to do?: Hello,I request to kindly help me through. System has only C drive.I deleted the account login and now it's running defaultuser100001 user.I am not sure about this procedures >>>...
  5. my pc keeps hibernating randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps hibernating randomly: this has been happening since I got my new laptopthe device i am writing this onI did try to roll back to windows 10 but it has been more than 10 days now and that option isnt available anymore, and it started only after i upgraded to windows 11most of the time it happens...
  6. my pc keeps hibernating randomly

my pc keeps hibernating randomly: this has been happening since I got my new laptopthe device i am writing this onI did try to roll back to windows 10 but it has been more than 10 days now and that option isnt available anymore, and it started only after i upgraded to windows 11most of the time it happens...
  7. Am i doing things right?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am i doing things right?: Hello, I just built a mew pc and was trying to reset my old pc and delete everything off of it so i could give it to a friend. I went into update and security in setrings and picked "Reset This PC". It restarted my computer, not the power button is on but the screen is black....
  8. PC stays on when I put it into Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stays on when I put it into Hibernate: Hey all I'm having an issue with my desktop PC. I put it into hibernate but instead of turning off, it turns off my peripherals and the computer stays on. It stays on and won't let me use the keyboard/mouse to do anything, to which I then have to power it off by pressing...
  9. Pc keeps on hibernating randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc keeps on hibernating randomly: It started a few days ago, when I turn on my pc , after 10 mins more or less it says Hibernating. Locking and turns off. After I turn on it shows me where I left off but this is highly unconvinient...
  10. I cannot do certain things on my PC

I cannot do certain things on my PC: I own an Acer laptop and it was slowed down because my brother downloading everything he could so I deleted the 4 accounts that were on it as well as deleted random stuff on the files then I created a new account. When I click the Start Menu it does nothing using my mouse or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer keeps hibernating

2. my pc keeps hibernating