Windows 10: My PC keeps losing mmy SHARP AR5516D printer scanner evey time I get any problem on my...

Discus and support My PC keeps losing mmy SHARP AR5516D printer scanner evey time I get any problem on my... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I have to get a geek to fix a problem on my Toshiba satellite lap top, I lose my Sharp AR5516D printer scanner. I seems to lose the code.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackEmey, Nov 19, 2018.

1. JackEmey Win User

My PC keeps losing mmy SHARP AR5516D printer scanner evey time I get any problem on my...

Every time I have to get a geek to fix a problem on my Toshiba satellite lap top, I lose my Sharp AR5516D printer scanner.

I seems to lose the code.

:)

JackEmey, Nov 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Driver for Sharp Printer AL1642CS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- What is the exact issue that you are pacing with Sharp Printer AL1642CS?

You can update the driver from Device manager.

• On the search bar type
      “Device Manager”.

• On the left pane locate
      “Print queues”
      and expand by clicking on it.

• Right on the “printer driver” option and click “Update driver software’.

For more information regarding the Sharp Printer AL1642CS, you need to get in touch with Sharp
    Printer AL1642CS support.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

My PC keeps losing mmy SHARP AR5516D printer scanner evey time I get any problem on my...

laptop keeps losing printer

Hi Roy,

There appears to be a problem with the driver for the printer that is installed on the laptop. Let's look into some things to identify what needs to be corrected. Kindly answer the following:

• Do you get any error messages when using the devices?
    • How do you uninstall and reinstall the printer?

Let's run the Printer Troubleshooter in Control Panel to collect more information about the problem. It may also fix the issue since Windows troubleshooters are designed to correct the issues they find on the system. Follow these steps to run the suggested
    tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Printer and allow the troubleshooter to run.

We can move forward based on your updates.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC keeps losing mmy SHARP AR5516D printer scanner evey time I get any problem on my... - Similar Threads - keeps losing mmy

2. Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?: From Settings> Bluetooth & devices> Printers & scanners> Add device and my designated Sharp printer only comes up as its scanner? It has printed test sheets in the past, but I can't figure out how to connect the printer portion to my Windows computer. It is fully updated....
  3. Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?: From Settings> Bluetooth & devices> Printers & scanners> Add device and my designated Sharp printer only comes up as its scanner? It has printed test sheets in the past, but I can't figure out how to connect the printer portion to my Windows computer. It is fully updated....
  4. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  5. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  6. i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cannot see any of the printer icons or scanner on my desktop: my jprinter goes i just cannot see any icons on my desktop or scanner even when i search there is nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-see-any-of-the-printer-icons-or-scanner/609d04ec-d72a-4fbc-943b-8c57b2f5f7e8
  7. My Canon MX420 printer/scanner problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Canon MX420 printer/scanner problem: I have been using my printer /scanner for some time and have ben able to scan, but for some reason now it is not finding my scanner as part of my printer, I hit the scan button on my printer, it says hit k on my pc but it doesn't find my scanner, I have done an update to the...
  8. Printer/scanner problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer/scanner problems: After the recent windows update early june my Printer/Scanner has stopped working properly it will scan OK to screen and i can save to file but any computer print functions will not work. The printer works fine from manual print requests any idea's....
  9. I cannot get my scanner to connect to my PC. Any help.

I cannot get my scanner to connect to my PC. Any help.: Cannot get my scanner to connect to my computer. Any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-scanner-to-connect-to-my-pc-any/393b6ced-9ffe-4b4c-8b9f-558461ac2c96
  10. How to scan my document from Sharp Printer/Scanner SHARP MX-4070N into WORD doc instead of...

How to scan my document from Sharp Printer/Scanner SHARP MX-4070N into WORD doc instead of...: Dear all, Do you have any idea how to scan my document from SHAPR MX 4070 into WORD format instead of pdf format? I need to edit the scanned copy, pdf makes it impossible to edit. If I use online software to convert the scanned pdf to word, it is still un-editable....