Windows 10: My PC keeps on lowering my game's brightness on fullscreen.

Discus and support My PC keeps on lowering my game's brightness on fullscreen. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In case, if this help, I'm on windows 10 and a Surface. So recently my PC had been lowering my brightness on a specific game called Team Fortress 2, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by OverlyMediocrePerson, Dec 21, 2018.

1. My PC keeps on lowering my game's brightness on fullscreen.

In case, if this help, I'm on windows 10 and a Surface. So recently my PC had been lowering my brightness on a specific game called Team Fortress 2, it only does that when I am playing in full screen, and it is very annoying because I cannot see anything while I play. This issue does not occur with any other programs or games that run in full screen. I found out that's it is not a problem with the game because I verified the integrity of game files, removed any custom files I had for the game, and reset the game completely.

I've gone and look a bunch on google and reddit about this problem and only found a couple cases where the person had the same problem as me, and sadly, they did not reach a solution. I had already run the game in compatibility mode with full screen optimization off, turned off adaptive brightness, and made sure all my drivers are properly upgraded. Yet, the problem is still occurring, my game is still too dark to play and I don't know what else I can do.

:)

OverlyMediocrePerson, Dec 21, 2018
  2. .Monkey Win User

Keeping Game Fullscreen

When I have a game on fullscreen mode on Windows 10 and then I switch to a different desktop and then come back to the game's desktop, the game becomes minimized and takes a while for it to go back into it. Is there any way to keep it from minimizing when
    switching desktops so I can get back to the game instantly without waiting ~10 seconds?

Thank you

.Monkey, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Does running a game fullscreen at a lower resolution other than the native resolution on your PC hurt or damage the monitor in any way?

Original title: Will non-native resolutions damage monitor?

I just had a random question.

Does running a game fullscreen at a lower resolution other than the native resolution on your PC hurt or damage the monitor in any way?

I have a 1080p monitor, but want to run a game at a better performance so I have wanted to run the game at 720p fullscreen, but do not want to mess up the pixels or something.

Thank you!

Adriano Matos, Dec 21, 2018
  4. SveE_75 Win User

My PC keeps on lowering my game's brightness on fullscreen.

Windows changes any fullscreen to maximum brightness

Hello,

my Windows Notebook made some Updates yesterday and today it changes the display brightness to maximum whenever a programm in fullscreen comes into focus. This applies to videos (VLC/Mediaplayer) as well as my browser (Youtube-videos and so on) and games.
    Brightness can be reduced when program is in focus and stays adjusted until any fullscreen is in focus again, even the same program. Updates and System Drivers are up to date. Automatic adaptive brightness adjustment (or how the option is called in english)
    is completely disabled. Any ideas on what can be the reason for this pain in the eyes?

SveE_75, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

My PC keeps on lowering my game's brightness on fullscreen.

1. My PC keeps on lowering my game's brightness on fullscreen. - Similar Threads - keeps lowering game's

2. My brightness is not getting lowered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  3. My brightness is not getting lowered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  4. The brightness is automatically lowered

in Windows 10 Customization
    The brightness is automatically lowered: Hello, good morning, afternoon or evening, recently my laptop has been completely formatted and a problem that has arisen is that currently every time I play a video in full screen on youtube or in windows player, as soon as the cursor disappears, the video automatically...
  5. The brightness is automatically lowered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The brightness is automatically lowered: Hello, good morning, afternoon or evening, recently my laptop has been completely formatted and a problem that has arisen is that currently every time I play a video in full screen on youtube or in windows player, as soon as the cursor disappears, the video automatically...
  6. I can't lower or rise the brightness of my screen on my Pc Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't lower or rise the brightness of my screen on my Pc Desktop: Hello, recently I restore to fabric my Pc dektop and since then I can't lower or rise up the brightness of my screen. I have already try updating the display drivers but still I can't, neither in the taskbar the slider of brightness appear. Note: I have no monitor, it's a...
  7. I can't lower or rise the brightness of my screen on my Pc Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't lower or rise the brightness of my screen on my Pc Desktop: Hello, recently I restore to fabric my Pc dektop and since then I can't lower or rise up the brightness of my screen. I have already try updating the display drivers but still I can't, neither in the taskbar the slider of brightness appear. Note: I have no monitor, it's a...
  8. Lowering monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lowering monitor brightness: My Dell monitor had a good brightness range but I'm stuck with my HP laptop now and I can't make it dim enough at night. I tried an app from the Microsoft Store but it has the same brightness range as my laptop. Is there a registry hack or something that can let me lower...
  9. lowering brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    lowering brightness: hi, i can't lower brightness from the notification bar and when I go in settings. i also went in the device manager and nothing was wrong, but my brightness stays high I also cant lower it if I use the brightness keys on the keyboard. it just seems stuck on the high level....
  10. Windows 10 - Brightness keeps automatically lowering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Brightness keeps automatically lowering: I have Intel HD 620 graphics card and I have disabled adaptive brightness but the brightness still changes on its own. Not sure how to fix it. It seems to occur when I switch from a bright/white webpage to a dark/black webpage. For example, Ill be on Chrome and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game brightness drops in fullscreen

2. games keep lowering brightness

3. world of tanks lowering brightness when i open

4. computer lowers brightness on certain games windows,
  5. steam games lowering brightness,
  6. full screen games lower brightness,
  7. brightness changes when opening games fullscreen