Windows 10: My pc keeps rebooting without warning

Discus and support My pc keeps rebooting without warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. Recently my pc has been automatically rebooting without any warning or “the blue screen of death”. I indeed already turned off automatic restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by edandboujee, Jun 15, 2020.

1. My pc keeps rebooting without warning

Hello. Recently my pc has been automatically rebooting without any warning or “the blue screen of death”. I indeed already turned off automatic restart and have event logs turned on but still nothing happens with that. It still reboots randomly like normal. This started about 4 days ago out of nowhere on my 2 month old pc that i built in the beginning of may with windows 10 installer. I watched a video on youtube and this person had the same exact problem as me. His pc would restart when he would load up a game, just like me. So i decided to buy a new PSU because that was the same problem he had and that was his solution. It did work for me, but only for a day. It started rebooting again just yesterday morning. This usually happens when i’m loading up a game or when i’m in a game. Sometimes it does happen when i am just browsing around too. It gets really annoying and i really hope i can get some solutions for this problem. Thank you !

:)

edandboujee, Jun 15, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    PC keeps rebooting, then stops...

This puzzles me and don't know where to start, or rather continue to troubleshoot. The PC in question has:

• Core i5 2nd Generation CPU (Sandy Bridge)
    • 8 GB memory (2 x 4)
    • 2 x 256 GB Samsung SSD
    • 1 x 1 GB Seagate HDD
    • 1 x CD/DVD drive
    • 1 x 650W power supply

The PC runs W10 Professional 64-bit, version 1803. The last time the PC case had been open must be 2-3 years ego, but opened today. The PC had been moved about 9 month ego to its current location.

It has been pretty much trouble free, until last week. The PC starts up, boots Windows, presents the login screen, but by the time the credentials entered, the system reboots on it is own. After the second and subsequents reboots, it reaches to the point that Windows does not finish to load or it doesn't even start loading and just reboots. After "n" number of reboots, the system does not boot anymore.

Leaving the system down and shutting off the power switch for a longer time period does allow start up again. Entering in the BIOS at this time gives just enough time to get the MB and CPU model numbers and it reboots again.

Opened up the case both sides and verified that all five fans are running, as soon as the system is started. Disconnected all of the drives and started the system, the BIOS stated that "No bootable device found..." and back to cycling reboots.

Reset the memory, tried booting with just one memory card, remove/reconnect power cables to the MB and video card did not matter, the PC is cycling reboots.

There's not enough time to do any troubleshooting with the cycling reboot, the system does not have any beeps or otherwise indicating issues.

The plan is to reset the CPU and if that's not resolving the issue, replace the power supply. If it's still having the same issue, replace the CPU, MB and memory.

Prior to going there, does anyone have a suggestion how to verify the source of this issue?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Jun 15, 2020
  4. My pc keeps rebooting without warning

windows 10 reboots without warning

The article that you suggested be looked at applies to versions of windows prior to the one that I am having an issue with.

The version that keeps rebooting without warning and without any error message is this latest version, (windows 10) and this started to happen about several updates ago.

There has been no additional software added to this unit since that update or since windows 10 was installed on this unit.

There were no crashes like this prior to that update with this version of windows and the currently installed software.

Windows 10 was working just fine until then.

Because your updates are not readily visible to the end user, it is only a guess as to which one seems to be at the root of this issue.

There is a possibility that this is a hardware failure with a memory chip, however diagnostics have indicated that there is no issues with any of the installed hardware.

What is next on your list?

JohnJensen1950, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

My pc keeps rebooting without warning

1. My pc keeps rebooting without warning - Similar Threads - keeps rebooting without

2. My laptop keeps randomly freezes and rebooting without warning, "The previous system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps randomly freezes and rebooting without warning, "The previous system...: Hello, so I have a particularly new Omen 16 b0xxx gaming laptop that sometimes randomly freezes and rebooting itself. Happened about 5-6 times for the last month. Mostly happened when playing games, only once happened when I awake the laptop from sleep mode.I don't know if...
  3. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Reboots without Warning: The Windows 10 operating system needs an internet connection to function at its best.This means that all updates are downloaded and installed at random times, as soon as they are made available; and the installation is followed by a reboot.This reboot could take place without...
  4. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Reboots without Warning: The Windows 10 operating system needs an internet connection to function at its best.This means that all updates are downloaded and installed at random times, as soon as they are made available; and the installation is followed by a reboot.This reboot could take place without...
  5. Update Reboots without Warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. My PC gets automatically reboot without any warning.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC gets automatically reboot without any warning.: I am getting this error - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level>...
  7. My PC gets automatically reboot without any warning.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC gets automatically reboot without any warning.: I am getting this error - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level>...
  8. My PC gets automatically reboot without any warning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. My pc keeps restarting without warning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc keeps restarting without warning.: When I do some work on my pc for 15 minutes or so, it suddenly restarts without any warning. I've already tried to disable the automatic restart, but that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried moving the plug, but that doesn't seem to be the case. On the pc case, it shows a...
  10. PC randomly reboots without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly reboots without warning: Hi, My pc was working perfectly for a while until a week ago, it started rebooting randomly. Ive tried reinstalling graphics drivers, mobo drivers, formatting my drives, sfc /scannowno issues detected and installing a newOS but the issue persists. I used the windows...