Windows 10: My pc keeps restarting without warning.

Discus and support My pc keeps restarting without warning. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I do some work on my pc for 15 minutes or so, it suddenly restarts without any warning. I've already tried to disable the automatic restart, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/manuelManes, Oct 21, 2020.

1. My pc keeps restarting without warning.

When I do some work on my pc for 15 minutes or so, it suddenly restarts without any warning. I've already tried to disable the automatic restart, but that doesn't seem to work. I've also tried moving the plug, but that doesn't seem to be the case. On the pc case, it shows a blinking red light while restarting. Not sure if that's useful information. Thanks!

submitted by /u/manuelManes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/manuelManes, Oct 21, 2020

2. Shutdown and Restart with no warning.

Hi Steve,

User profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why your computer keeps on shutting down. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest creating a new user account and see if the same issues will occur on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow
    the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people >Add
      someone else to this PC
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 21, 2020
  3. PC keeps restarting

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

The PC may restart automatically if the updates are being installed. If the updates are installed properly then follow the below methods and check if the issue persist.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable automatic restart under system failure.
    This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail.
    Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Right click on My Computer/This PC and Select
      Properties.

• Click on Advanced system settings
      on the left navigation pane. (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Click on the Advanced
      tab.

• Under the Startup and Recovery,
      select Settings.

• Uncheck the option
      Automatic Restart under System failure.

• Click on OK button and close the window.
    Try to use the computer now for some time. Check if the computer is restarting now.

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

• Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys on the keyboard.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following commands one by one and then press
      Enter.
    sfc /scannow

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 3:

I will suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 21, 2020
  4. My pc keeps restarting without warning.

Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

My pc keeps restarting without warning.

1. My pc keeps restarting without warning. - Similar Threads - keeps restarting without

2. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  3. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  4. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD: I need help. My PC suddenly powers down and restarts without any warnings or such. Usually it happens when I'm playing games, mostly Apex Legends. It will occur usually after 1-2games of TDM, sometimes in BR as well. Now recently, i've only been using it for work and it...
  5. My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD

My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter. Whenever I use my pc whether...
  6. PC restarts without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  7. PC restarts without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  8. Windows keeps restarting randomly without warning

Windows keeps restarting randomly without warning: As stated above, my pc which runs on windows 10 keeps restarting randomly without warning. It's also very spontaneous. Some days it'll run fine, but others, it'll crash multiple times. This has been happening for a few months now. I thought the lastest windows updates would...
  9. Computer keeps restarting without warning.

Computer keeps restarting without warning.: Hi, a week ago my computer started to restart without warning and i didnt know what to do, i tried everything i could, i use sfc /scannow and DISM there were no corrupted files. i have tried to uninstall latest windows updates but they just reinstalled themselves as if...
  10. My pc keeps rebooting without warning

My pc keeps rebooting without warning: Hello. Recently my pc has been automatically rebooting without any warning or “the blue screen of death”. I indeed already turned off automatic restart and have event logs turned on but still nothing happens with that. It still reboots randomly like normal. This started about...