Windows 10: My pc keeps restarting

Discus and support My pc keeps restarting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My father gave me a old computer and a little later the pc couldnt start on it got to the first step when its all black only the windows logo and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rui Prates, Feb 15, 2019.

1. My pc keeps restarting

My father gave me a old computer and a little later the pc couldnt start on it got to the first step when its all black only the windows logo and the dots but them it showthat someghong went wrong the pc just restarted then it showed diagnosting the pc then tabt the pc didnt start up correctly when i go to troubleshoot>advanced options>startup repair after it showed that the file register is C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Is it bad? Should i be worried? Please help me fix this

:)

Rui Prates, Feb 15, 2019

2. PC keeps restarting

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Have you made any changes prior to the issue?

The PC may restart automatically if the updates are being installed. If the updates are installed properly then follow the below methods and check if the issue persist.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable automatic restart under system failure.
    This prevents Windows from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows to fail.
    Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Right click on My Computer/This PC and Select
      Properties.

• Click on Advanced system settings
      on the left navigation pane. (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Click on the Advanced
      tab.

• Under the Startup and Recovery,
      select Settings.

• Uncheck the option
      Automatic Restart under System failure.

• Click on OK button and close the window.
    Try to use the computer now for some time. Check if the computer is restarting now.

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

• Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys on the keyboard.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following commands one by one and then press
      Enter.
    sfc /scannow

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 3:

I will suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Search for Settings from the taskbar and select it from the search results.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    W10 PC Keeps Restarting

Hi Dave,

A corrupted Windows system files after the update is one of the possible reasons why your computer keeps restarting. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Are you able to boot to desktop?

Meanwhile, you can try running your computer in safe mode and check if you will experience the same issue. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. You can follow the steps in this

link

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Feb 15, 2019
  4. My pc keeps restarting

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

My pc keeps restarting

1. My pc keeps restarting - Similar Threads - keeps restarting

2. my pc keep restarting with new errors every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keep restarting with new errors every time: for the past month I been having blue screen of death and my pc keep restarting whenever I start a game.I will have the game running for a while then the entire pc freeze, the freeze stay for seconds and sometime it stays for more than 5 minutes. it mostly happen after I...
  3. my pc keep restarting with new errors every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc keep restarting with new errors every time: for the past month I been having blue screen of death and my pc keep restarting whenever I start a game.I will have the game running for a while then the entire pc freeze, the freeze stay for seconds and sometime it stays for more than 5 minutes. it mostly happen after I...
  4. my pc keep restarting with new errors every time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...: I’m on the screen where it asks about my region and time zone and stuff and I click next and then it says “Why Did MyPC Restart” it also says “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help us get things working again”...
  6. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...: I’m on the screen where it asks about my region and time zone and stuff and I click next and then it says “Why Did MyPC Restart” it also says “There’s a problem that’s keeping us from getting your pc ready to use, but we think an update will help us get things working again”...
  7. I just factory reset my desktop and now it keeps restarting every time I try and login what...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My Windows isn’t restarting I keep getting a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows isn’t restarting I keep getting a blue screen: I keep getting the blue screen error and I’ve exhausted all of the self help resources https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-isnt-restarting-i-keep-getting-a-blue/0a9a37a5-19ea-48de-887c-5052dc51b473
  9. My Windows isn’t restarting I keep getting a blue screen

My Windows isn’t restarting I keep getting a blue screen: I keep getting the blue screen error and I’ve exhausted all of the self help resources https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-isnt-restarting-i-keep-getting-a-blue/0a9a37a5-19ea-48de-887c-5052dc51b473
  10. My HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ee1xxx keeps restarting randomly. Computer Restarted, Reason...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ee1xxx keeps restarting randomly. Computer Restarted, Reason...: Hello, My HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ee1xxx keeps rebooting randomly with the below 2 error codes from the event viewer or CMD prompt. see Below.I have already ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and the hardware all passes the tests. I am using Windows 11.I am also getting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc keeps crashing and restarting

2. cant install 1803 x64 2019-05c

3. my pc keeps restarting

4. dell inspiron keeps restarting windows,
  5. my pc keeps crashing and restarting 2019