Windows 10: My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common?

Discus and support My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've reinstalled the USB driver and it seems to work fine, Just wanted to confirm if this will continue, or if I will have to send it to repairThanking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nitin Aditya Raj, Jun 3, 2023.

1. My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common?

I've reinstalled the USB driver and it seems to work fine, Just wanted to confirm if this will continue, or if I will have to send it to repairThanking you in advance

:)

Nitin Aditya Raj, Jun 3, 2023

2. USB device not reconized

Hi Henry,

I realize that you get message “USB device not recognized” on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC?

Plug in the USB device into another PC to check if the issue persists. Plug in another USB device into this PC to check if that helps.

Suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if that helps. Once this is done, restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

Click on “Hardware and Devices” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 3, 2023
  3. frozensun Win User
    USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

I did plug in external HDD and went to device manager.
    There is none of unknown devices in the list (picture below)
    My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common? 281320d1591009114t-usb-device-not-working-optiplex-9010-a-dmanager.jpg

OK disabled and enabled USB 3.0 root hub and then pluged in external HDD,here is exclamation mark I got:

My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common? 281323d1591010072t-usb-device-not-working-optiplex-9010-a-dm2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

yep..solved the problem with your suggestion...thx a lot...

frozensun, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Dice Vil Win User

My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common?

unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common?

1. My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common? - Similar Threads - kills itself whenever

2. My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common?: I've reinstalled the USB driver and it seems to work fine, Just wanted to confirm if this will continue, or if I will have to send it to repairThanking you in advance...
  3. My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC kills itself whenever I plug in an USB device, is this common?: I've reinstalled the USB driver and it seems to work fine, Just wanted to confirm if this will continue, or if I will have to send it to repairThanking you in advance...
  4. plugging in mouse usb receiver kills my pc

plugging in mouse usb receiver kills my pc: When I plug in any sort of usb mouse receiver in any usb port, the screen blacks out and the computer becomes unusable. its not the usb's fault since it works on my laptop. When I unplug the usb everything returns to normal like nothing happened. Weird thing is when I...
  5. plugging in mouse usb receiver kills my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    plugging in mouse usb receiver kills my pc: When I plug in any sort of usb mouse receiver in any usb port, the screen blacks out and the computer becomes unusable. its not the usb's fault since it works on my laptop. When I unplug the usb everything returns to normal like nothing happened. Weird thing is when I...
  6. plugging in mouse usb receiver kills my pc

7. PC breaks whenever i plug in a usb mouse reveiver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC breaks whenever i plug in a usb mouse reveiver: There are two sets of ports on the front and back of my pc. Whenever I plug in a mouse usb receiver into any of the ports my computer screen freezes and shuts down. Aka something is wrong with either the motherboard or the os. I just want to know if there is a way to tell if...
  8. PC breaks whenever i plug in a usb mouse reveiver

PC breaks whenever i plug in a usb mouse reveiver: There are two sets of ports on the front and back of my pc. Whenever I plug in a mouse usb receiver into any of the ports my computer screen freezes and shuts down. Aka something is wrong with either the motherboard or the os. I just want to know if there is a way to tell if...
  9. PC breaks whenever i plug in a usb mouse reveiver

10. Whenever I plug in a new device via USB, Display, AUX, ect. the device is not detected...

Whenever I plug in a new device via USB, Display, AUX, ect. the device is not detected...: Already tried updating USB Drivers, updating to a newer version of windows 10, and Reinstalling USB ports. While this problem isn't too bad it does turn my VR Headset into a 300 Dollar paper weight due to the complications that come with having to restart my pc to plug it in...