Windows 10: My PC location was temporarily in Russia after installing a m.2 SSD

Discus and support My PC location was temporarily in Russia after installing a m.2 SSD in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I ordered a m.2 SSD from Amazon theough the week. It arrived, I installed it then formatted it. Once it was formatted I recieved a windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chris_39881, Dec 20, 2020.

1. My PC location was temporarily in Russia after installing a m.2 SSD

So I ordered a m.2 SSD from Amazon theough the week. It arrived, I installed it then formatted it. Once it was formatted I recieved a windows notification on the bottom right of the screen from “lenovo vantage” software but all the text was in russian.

I opened all my apps to check account details and recent login activity, some of them said my region location is Russia.

I ran a bitdefender scan and it detected no threats although there are 309 password protected files which could not be scanned

Could anyone help me out with an explanation as to what couldve cause this, and am I in any danger of my data being stolen?

:)

Chris_39881, Dec 20, 2020
  2. DavidVA01 Win User

Windows 10 Pro installer cannot locate the M.2 SSD

I am building a new system around a new HP Elitedesk 800 G2 with a WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD.

The installer fails to see the drive connected to the system.

shift F10

Diskpart

List Volume

does not show any storage other than the Micrsoft USB install media.

Ive had a good look at the UEFI settings and tried a few things without luck.

Is there a Microsoft tool to or guide that can help me wake up the M.2 storage?

Thank you

-Dave

DavidVA01, Dec 20, 2020
  3. win10 instalation on Intel ssd 600p, m.2

hi guys,

i'm trying to install win10 on my Intel m.2 ssd 600p series and i get this error when i select the ssd in instalation menu: ''we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. for more information, see the setup log files''. can u provide some
    help about that? my laptop in lenovo y700 17isk.

IacobIonut, Dec 20, 2020
  4. My PC location was temporarily in Russia after installing a m.2 SSD

windows installation on m.2 ssd Intel 600p

hi,

i want to install win 10 on my Intel 600p m.2 ssd, pci-e and i cannot do that. win10 start the installaton and when i need to select location, i select the ssd and i get this message: we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. for more
    information , see the setup log files. my os who is installed on my hdd is win10 home, ver 1709, build 16229.431. my machine is lenovo y700 17isk.

IacobIonut, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

My PC location was temporarily in Russia after installing a m.2 SSD

1. My PC location was temporarily in Russia after installing a m.2 SSD - Similar Threads - location was temporarily

2. Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd: dear microsoft,i am encountering bluesreen after installing a transcend 830s 256gb m.2 ssd on unit HP Probook 430 G4 and HP Probook 440 G4 after doing a systam update with windows 10.regards,...
  3. Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd: dear microsoft,i am encountering bluesreen after installing a transcend 830s 256gb m.2 ssd on unit HP Probook 430 G4 and HP Probook 440 G4 after doing a systam update with windows 10.regards,...
  4. Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  6. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  7. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  8. Cannot install M.2 ssd

Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  9. Cannot install M.2 ssd

10. M.2 ssd

M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...