Windows 10: My PC locks automatically

Discus and support My PC locks automatically in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I've been experiencing an issue that involves my Windows 10 PC automatically locking once it reaches 7% battery life, this follows the 'your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kane_1999, May 17, 2020.

1. kane_1999 Win User

My PC locks automatically

Hi,

I've been experiencing an issue that involves my Windows 10 PC automatically locking once it reaches 7% battery life, this follows the 'your battery life is very low' notification.

This is a relatively new issue, and isn't one that I had experienced with this PC before, nor have I with any others.

I've tried searching elsewhere in the community and found stories from users facing similar experiences. However, the responses were often difficult to understand, or didn't necessarily explain how to resolve the issue. So I'm certain that there is a resolution available, but I'm hopeful that somebody will be able to explain this simply.

Many thanks

:)

kane_1999, May 17, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 17, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 17, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile My PC locks automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC locks automatically - Similar Threads - locks automatically

2. My D drive automatically get locked by bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive automatically get locked by bitlocker.: My D drive was locked automatically by bitlocker and i was not enable that so, i have no recovery key and after that i reinstall the window 11 then the same thing show D drive was locked . I have very personal data in it so please find some solution for it . You recover that...
  3. My D drive automatically get locked by bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive automatically get locked by bitlocker.: My D drive was locked automatically by bitlocker and i was not enable that so, i have no recovery key and after that i reinstall the window 11 then the same thing show D drive was locked . I have very personal data in it so please find some solution for it . You recover that...
  4. for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...: itS LIKE I PREsS THE CAPs lock key all the time and turn it on off. i Found how to fix with shift key but when i fix i cannot CliCk / ? .....How to fiX that ????...
  5. for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...

for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...: itS LIKE I PREsS THE CAPs lock key all the time and turn it on off. i Found how to fix with shift key but when i fix i cannot CliCk / ? .....How to fiX that ????...
  6. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  7. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  8. WIndows 10 getting locked automatically even after turning off the screensaver, display,...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIndows 10 getting locked automatically even after turning off the screensaver, display,...: I am using a Windows 10 OS which is getting locked automatically after sometime I leave it without any activity. I have tried to change multiple settings on other popular recommendations including turning screensaver, display off and sleep settings to "never". Yet the issue...
  9. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...
  10. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...