Windows 10: My PC performs double shutdown

Discus and support My PC performs double shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, for the last two weeks, my computer has been having a weird shutdown process: When I press the shutdown button in the start menu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MartynasB, Aug 27, 2015.

1. MartynasB Win User

My PC performs double shutdown

Hello,

for the last two weeks, my computer has been having a weird shutdown process:

When I press the shutdown button in the start menu, everything would close like normally until the screen goes black at the end and then, my components would shut down, but LED lights and fans are still on, spinning. They stay on for about 5 seconds and then the PC would turn back on fully (all components working) and almost immediately turn off again, this time completely.

I am worried that such a double-shutdown process could wear my HDDs as they have to spin up and down twice during the shutdown.

Sometimes, seemingly almost randomly, the PC won't even shutdown - after the components go off, the fans and LEDs would keep working for about 20 seconds and then I hear a BIOS beep and the PC turns on and goes into boot.

This started happening after I installed Windows 10 AND plugged my new internal HDD, so the culprit could be one of them, both or none.

PC works fine besides the shutdown and I don't see any BSODs or such.

My specs:

Intel Core i5-4670
    Gigabyte GTX 760 OC
    WD Blue 1TB
    WD Black 1TB (the new one)
    Gigabyte B85M-D3V Motherboard
    EVGA 600B-600W PSU

:)

MartynasB, Aug 27, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to shut-down PC when the start button and the task manager are not working on Windows 10

Hi Yvonne, a couple of ways to do that . . .

On your Desktop use this Keyboard Shortcut

Alt + F4

Right click your Desktop, choose New - Shortcut

In the location field paste this:

Shutdown -s -t 00

Click Next and name the shortcut Shutdown

Click Finish

Double clicking that new shortcut will shut your PC down

DaveM121, Aug 27, 2015
  3. BopBop45 Win User
    Windows 10 Shutdown slowly

Original Title : Windows Performance Recorder

My PC is running Win10 and is very slow to shutdown. I read the article on Windows Performance Recorder and ran it to see what was happening during shutdown. I have a WPR file with the results, but do not know how to "post a link to the results on OneDrive
    to the community discussion." I apologize for my lack of understanding on how this works; this is my first attempt. I'm not even sure how to find out if anyone responds to my post. Sorry, again.

BopBop45, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

My PC performs double shutdown

1. My PC performs double shutdown - Similar Threads - performs double shutdown

2. My PC wont shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown: So, I was messing with RegEdit and i think I accidentally deleted something i dont know. Yesterday my pc wont shutdown, as soon as i click shtdown, it turns back on. So i did shift then shutdown. It worked, but today, it only goes to safe mode. Nothing works there properly....
  3. My PC wont shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC wont shutdown: So, I was messing with RegEdit and i think I accidentally deleted something i dont know. Yesterday my pc wont shutdown, as soon as i click shtdown, it turns back on. So i did shift then shutdown. It worked, but today, it only goes to safe mode. Nothing works there properly....
  4. My PC wont shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc doesn’t shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc doesn’t shutdown: My computer doesn’t shutdown when I use the shutdown in power options, but it makes a black screen, that I can remove, moving the mouse More details: https://streamable.com/e2unzf...
  6. My pc doesn’t shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc doesn’t shutdown: My computer doesn’t shutdown when I use the shutdown in power options, but it makes a black screen, that I can remove, moving the mouse More details: https://streamable.com/e2unzf...
  7. My pc doesn’t shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Need to double click to perform 1 click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to double click to perform 1 click: Hi i have a problem with my pc at the moment that every time i want to press 1 click with my mouse i need to do double click for it to register as 1 click. For example : i want to stop a YouTube video which need one press on the video i need to double click it for it to...
  9. When is it safe to perform a hard shutdown?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is it safe to perform a hard shutdown?: Hello, I'm trying to get into Recovery Environment but startup alternates between "Fixing C:" which never completes : just switches off at the 9% mark and "Attempting repairs" which also shuts down after about 1 hour. To get to WinRE they say to hold the Off button for 5...
  10. Shutdown and startup performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and startup performance: Hey guys i have a very Annoying problem after several installing windows 10 - 7 - 8 my shutdown and startup times are awful i have samsung 850 Pro on my laptop before i forced to clean install windows i have a brilliant performance (about 6-7 sec cold startup and same...