Windows 10: My PC periodically freezes in Windows 10

Discus and support My PC periodically freezes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey Guys I have an issue I have been so desperately trying to troubleshoot. Literally giving up soon. Please please please help if you have any ideas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nycra, Sep 14, 2018.

1. nycra Win User

My PC periodically freezes in Windows 10

Hey Guys

I have an issue I have been so desperately trying to troubleshoot. Literally giving up soon. Please please please help if you have any ideas <3

ISSUE: My PC periodically freezes for either short bursts or needs a force shutdown.

SPECS: ASUS Rog Maximus hero mobo, i7 8700k, msi GTX1080 8gb graphics, 4x8gb corsair vengeance ram, 500gb m.2 drive (windows installed), 6tb harddrive, 750W thermaltake power

WHAT I'VE DONE:

- Clean install of all drivers (take them off, reinstall, update to
    newest, several times). So it's not the drivers
    - Malware/spyware clean, not even one file found
    - Memory checked each ram stick
    - Cleared all temp files
    - unplugged all USB items and tried drivers again
    - Tried to run chkdsk - it comes up with an error saying it can't
    - Checked temperatures of hardware, everything is well below dangerous, no spikes, no throttling, hardware is working well from what I can see
    - Tried to "reset my computer" and start a fresh install of windows to wipe it, comes up with error saying it can't do this no changes have been made
    - Tried to restore from previous backups, same issue as above
    - Tried to get the windows ISO on USB to "repair my pc" that way, same issue as above
    - Tried to fresh install on secondary drive with windows to test if freezes still happen, I can't due to it being in the partition of the first drive and it freezes everytime I try change it

So... kill me? hahah

Thank so much if you have had a look

:)

nycra, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 14, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC periodically freezes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - periodically freezes

2. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  3. My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is freezing periodically, but has the latest drivers and updates.: So, my computer is freezing for no apparent reason while using Windows 11.It has stopped with error code 0x8007000D - 0x90002, though this code is not provided on all halts.It 'randomly' freezes during operation with no recognized cause, with random apps active.Current...
  4. ALL computers in home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried everything. :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL computers in home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried everything. :: Flash back to March, and all 3 computers in my home were working fine. Not sure what is causing these issues, but this is what's happening.Today, all 3 of the computers, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, will hard freeze and lock up periodically. Nothing can be done at this point....
  5. ALL computers in home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried everything. :

ALL computers in home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried everything. :: Flash back to March, and all 3 computers in my home were working fine. Not sure what is causing these issues, but this is what's happening.Today, all 3 of the computers, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, will hard freeze and lock up periodically. Nothing can be done at this point....
  6. ALL computers in my home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL computers in my home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried...: Flash back to March, and all 3 computers in my home were working fine. Not sure what is causing these issues, but this is what's happening.Today, all 3 of the computers, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, will hard freeze and lock up periodically. The reason and timing?... really...
  7. ALL computers in my home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried...

ALL computers in my home hard freezing periodically since March - Help! Have tried...: Flash back to March, and all 3 computers in my home were working fine. Not sure what is causing these issues, but this is what's happening.Today, all 3 of the computers, 1 desktop, and 2 laptops, will hard freeze and lock up periodically. The reason and timing?... really...
  8. laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens: i have an issue where my laptop is freezing and giving fps drop while gaming for some time and i got blue screens while gaming aswell.cpu: i5 7200Ugpu: amd r7 m340...
  9. laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens: i have an issue where my laptop is freezing and giving fps drop while gaming for some time and i got blue screens while gaming aswell.cpu: i5 7200Ugpu: amd r7 m340...
  10. laptop freezing after gaming for a period of time till i restart it and blue screens

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezing periodically

2. periodic freezing windows 10

3. periodic freeze windows

4. windows 10 system periodically freezes for 15 seconds,
  5. kb4480116 computer freeses