Windows 10: my PC randomly restarted without warning and I got paranoid, am I overreacting?

Discus and support my PC randomly restarted without warning and I got paranoid, am I overreacting? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; about an hour ago my PC randomly restarted, no warning. I got scared and noticed that my avira antivirus was turned off and not signed in for some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lazarus17, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Lazarus17 Win User

my PC randomly restarted without warning and I got paranoid, am I overreacting?

about an hour ago my PC randomly restarted, no warning. I got scared and noticed that my avira antivirus was turned off and not signed in for some reason. I immediately turned it back on and did a full scan with it, no threats. I then did a Malwarebytes pro scan, no threats. and I did a Windows Defender full scan. no threats

I then checked online how to see if anything was doing stuff on my PC without knowing probably not the smartest thing and a website recommended going going start > run > recent > group by date modified and upon doing that I found 4 things recently modified 2 files callled threat// and a .Ink shortcut file for 'The internet'. after the avira scan was completed I checked back in the recent window to find that the threat// files changed to windowsdefender--- files and the internet shortcut was still there. I panicked and deleted all 3 of them.

I don't understand if any of this is bad or not considering no threats were detected yet, but that recent folder also seems not be on my C drive or D drive so maybe the antivirus or antimalware cant access whatever void its in? am I overreacting?

I should also point out before the restart I had just finished downloading some torrents, im not sure if my antivirus was off the whole time because I only noticed after the restart.

:)

Lazarus17, Jan 20, 2020

2. PC Randomly Restarting after installing new Ram!

Tried your suggestions, but still had a restart! Also ran memtest overnight (13 hours according to memtest) and had no errors! Also ran Passmark Burn in test for a couple hours testing everything and had no errors or restart. Could fitting the new ram have triggered something to go bad like my mobo or psu?

Daryl Gill, Jan 20, 2020
  3. kebabs35 Win User
    Since installing Windows 10, PC restarts randomly without warning.

I installed Windows 10 on my Pc (a 1 tb, HP Pavillion desktop, less than 2 years old) a few months ago and since then my computer restarts randomly without warning, sometimes it seems that updates have been installed as when the pc restart it say configuring
    updates (although on the previous version you had some warning). In the updates settings I changed it from automatic restart to notify to restart, thinking it may be to do with that but it has made no
    difference, my Pc still restarts without warning and sometimes i can be in the middle of doing something so it is pretty frustrating. At other times there does not seem to be any reason for it, it just happens. I understand that it is affecting others with
    windows 10. Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem yet?

kebabs35, Jan 20, 2020
  4. kn1000a Win User

PC restarts randomly and without warnings

I have a CyberPowerPC that is a Windows 10 Home Edition with a Quad-core CPU and 8GB RAM.

Recently, this computer has restarted itself randomly: I would be doing something on it and without any errors or warnings, the screen would go black, then the PC boots up as if I just restarted it. There is no "Turning off" screen as you would see when
    you shut down the PC. It skips all that and just go to the booting screen. Also, sometimes I would see a "Working on updates" screen during reboot, as if it restarts because of some updates.

The strange thing is that there were no updates. This happen numerous time while the PC is in "Active hours" that I set in Settings. I also checked and the last update this PC has installed is last week and there's no newer updates as of now. I check Devices
    Manager but seems like nothing is indicating it's from a hardware failure. Or at least not visible on the surface.

My question is: Where can I look into the events of this PC? There gotta be some event logger that would show why the machine keep restarting right? I want to know what exactly cause the restart so maybe I can post the diagnostic here, and
    a possible fix beside bringing this to a physical store.

Thank you very much.

kn1000a, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. my PC randomly restarted without warning and I got paranoid, am I overreacting? - Similar Threads - randomly restarted without

2. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD: I need help. My PC suddenly powers down and restarts without any warnings or such. Usually it happens when I'm playing games, mostly Apex Legends. It will occur usually after 1-2games of TDM, sometimes in BR as well. Now recently, i've only been using it for work and it...
  3. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD: I need help. My PC suddenly powers down and restarts without any warnings or such. Usually it happens when I'm playing games, mostly Apex Legends. It will occur usually after 1-2games of TDM, sometimes in BR as well. Now recently, i've only been using it for work and it...
  4. My PC randomly restarts without warning/BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  6. PC is randomly restarting without any warning

PC is randomly restarting without any warning: Split from this thread. I also facing same problem the PC is randomly restarting without any warning , even though my PC is fully updated still facing it what can i do...
  7. My PC randomly restarts without any warning or BSOD

My PC randomly restarts without any warning or BSOD: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter. Whenever I use my pc whether...
  8. My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter. Whenever I use my pc whether...
  9. My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter. Whenever I use my pc whether...
  10. My PC randomly restarts without no warning / BSOD