Windows 10: My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter

Discus and support My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi , i updated my windows 10 to the latest update 1803 and used it for a while then all of a suddeni started my pc and it coud not detect an internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yousseftonbol, Jul 9, 2018.

1. My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter

hi , i updated my windows 10 to the latest update 1803 and used it for a while then all of a suddeni started my pc and it coud not detect an internet connectin ,i use ethernet cable and tryed troubleshooting and didnt work ,later i descovered that in device manager intel ethernet connction i217-v was dimmed or hidden and tryed to update driver and it stated that its updated and still cant connect to the internet ,even in troubleshotting it says "windows could not find a driver for your network adaptor" , then my pc randomly shuts down for no reason ,i kept my task manager open to view all the processes and nothing was out the ordinary , can someone please help ,would be highly apprciated , thank you

:)

yousseftonbol, Jul 9, 2018
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 9, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    WiFi Icon turned into Ethernet icon after shutting down

Hello Michel,

May we know if you have made any changes to your device prior to the issue of the network icon changing to Ethernet?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network adapter troubleshooter and let Windows find and resolve problems within your network adapter. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting, click
      Troubleshooting from the list of results.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Network Adapter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the troubleshooting.

David Haz, Jul 9, 2018
  4. JBG123 Win User

My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter

Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Well Ethernet isn't an option atm, and powerline networking depends on the wires you already have in the house (which will be very old) have any suggestions on top notch wireless network adapters?

JBG123, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter

1. My pc randomly shuts down and could not detect ethernet network adapter - Similar Threads - randomly shuts down

2. PC randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly shutting down: A few months back while playing MSFS 2020 using the Fenix A320, my PC completely shut down without any sort of warning. There was no blue screen, no warning messages, it just shut down. I've had this issue for ages now and have attempted to get help here and on plenty of...
  3. Pc shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shutting down randomly: I've had some frequent issues with this in the past and it has started happening again. My pc after or in-between games decides to make the screen pitch black and it just stops working altogether with the fans at max speed until I force the pc to shut off completely, I have...
  4. My PC shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shuts down randomly: Hello everyone, I wanted to ask support for a problem that afflicts my PC, practically while I'm using it normally it turns off and I hear a static noise from the headphones, then I turn the power off and on again and then I turn on the PC, and then it either turns off after...
  5. My PC shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC shuts down randomly: Hello everyone, I wanted to ask support for a problem that afflicts my PC, practically while I'm using it normally it turns off and I hear a static noise from the headphones, then I turn the power off and on again and then I turn on the PC, and then it either turns off after...
  6. PC Shuts down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shuts down randomly: Hello. my PC has a weird problem for the last month and i dont know if i need to point on the PSU, RAM or GPUEverytime i watch youtube at fullscreen my pc cuts off with no error or event that explains it on the Event Viewer in addition to that, the Event Viewer does not log 5...
  7. PC randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shuts down: Let’s start off with specsGPU: GTX 1660 SuperCPU: AMD 2600RAM: T-Force 16-2400 ramAlright. Now, onto the problem. A week or two ago, a problem happened where my pc would shut down when I was playing games and when I tried to turn it back on, it turned back on and shut down a...
  8. Random pc shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random pc shut down: Am Edward my laptop randomly shuts down after booting when it come back on a blue screen appears with information code processor died have tried everything but the laptop keeps shutting down...
  9. PC randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shutting down: this is the error code im getting in full : Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffff9b028f818060 Parameter 2: fffff8071bbf6b34 Parameter 3: 0...
  10. PC randomly shuts down.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly shuts down.: Hi, I have a dell xps 8300 running windows 10 pro v1511 which was clean installed a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I cold boot my computer the computer shuts down unexpectedly on the windows 10 splash screen. I have unplugged everything from my PSU apart from my windows...