Windows 10: My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

Discus and support My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OskarRecki, Feb 11, 2023.

1. My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something else. The crashes usually occur when I play indie games but other games like cyberpunk 2077 work fine on medium graphical settings but when I try to play a small indie game I have a 50% chance of it crashing my PC sometimes 30min and other times 20h into the game. This is my latest bug report:

:)

OskarRecki, Feb 11, 2023

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 11, 2023
  3. Michelle Vil, Feb 11, 2023
  4. Kris Ver Win User

My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

Windows 10 Event 41 Kernel Power causing pc to reset randomly

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was
    not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

An event 41 is used to report that something unexpected happened that prevented Windows from shutting down correctly. There may be insufficient information to explicitly define what happened. To determine what may have happened and to identify a potential
    resolution, it is important to know what the computer was doing at the time just before the event occurred.

If event 41 is logged because power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply. An underpowered or failing power supply may cause this behavior.
    For example, if you added RAM or additional devices or hard disks when this problem began, the power supply may cause the problem.

Just to verify, what changes were made on your device prior to this?

If your computer is still under warranty, we suggest contacting your device manufacturer and have them check your hardware.

Should you have any other concerns, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Kris Ver, Feb 11, 2023
Thema:

My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

1. My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it - Similar Threads - randomly shuts down

2. Random of Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  3. Random of Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  4. My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it: My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something else. The crashes usually occur when I play indie games but other games like cyberpunk 2077 work fine on medium graphical...
  5. My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it: My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something else. The crashes usually occur when I play indie games but other games like cyberpunk 2077 work fine on medium graphical...
  6. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer seems to randomly shut down, almost like a blue screen of death but instead, the bottom half is blacked with glitches and the top half with something similar to "oops something went wrong". I can't find any example images on Google nor can I take a...
  7. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63: My computer seems to randomly shut down, almost like a blue screen of death but instead, the bottom half is blacked with glitches and the top half with something similar to "oops something went wrong". I can't find any example images on Google nor can I take a...
  8. System random shut down - Event ID 41, Task Category 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My pc randomly crashes and i dont know the cause i get event id 161, 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc randomly crashes and i dont know the cause i get event id 161, 41: i have a asus tuf a15ryzen 7 4800h1660 ti 6gb8gbi was using the debuging tool see what was wrong and this is the output i got and i dont know what to make sense of if some one could pls helpMicrosoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft...
  10. My pc randomly crashes and i dont know the cause i get event id 161, 41

My pc randomly crashes and i dont know the cause i get event id 161, 41: i have a asus tuf a15ryzen 7 4800h1660 ti 6gb8gbi was using the debuging tool see what was wrong and this is the output i got and i dont know what to make sense of if some one could pls helpMicrosoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22000.194 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft...