Windows 10: My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I...

Discus and support My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I also had to change my Windows account password from my work PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShawnSpargo, Apr 18, 2020.

1. My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I...

My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I also had to change my Windows account password from my work PC which is also logged on to my personal account. I upgraded from Windows 8 so I don't have a product key but a digital license. The error codes I'm getting are 0xC004F012 and 0xc0000022.

:)

ShawnSpargo, Apr 18, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Apr 18, 2020
  3. OzGaffer Win User
    Can't copy from Win10 taskbar icon's recently used file list?

Just noticed that in Win10 I don't have the option to copy a file from a taskbar icon's most recently used list, whereas I could in Win7.

For Example, let's say you have Word pinned to the taskbar. I recently created a doc called HeyThere.doc. When I right click on the Word icon on the taskbar, I see HeyThere.doc in the most recently used file list for Word. In Win7, I could right click
    on HeyThere.doc and I'd have a "Copy" action available - in Windows 10 that is missing.

Is there something I need to do to enable this extremely helpful shortcut or will I have to take the extra steps of opening the folder, finding the file that needs to be copied, and then selecting it from there? Hopefully it's the former and not the later.

Thanks!

OzGaffer, Apr 18, 2020
  4. wishihad Win User

My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I...

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I... :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I...

1. My PC recently updated and now it's telling my copy of Win10 cannot be activated. I... - Similar Threads - recently updated telling

2. So I updated my pc recently now everything is in the Korean won

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I updated my pc recently now everything is in the Korean won: for most applications including discord and anything I open on google besides Amazon it’s just won. not sure what to do all settings are ok and set to current pricing for usd. It’s quite irritating if I’m trying to buy stuff and I don’t want to do the conversion rates myself....
  3. So I updated my pc recently now everything is in the Korean won

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I updated my pc recently now everything is in the Korean won: for most applications including discord and anything I open on google besides Amazon it’s just won. not sure what to do all settings are ok and set to current pricing for usd. It’s quite irritating if I’m trying to buy stuff and I don’t want to do the conversion rates myself....
  4. So I updated my pc recently now everything is in the Korean won

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated: I recently changed almost my whole computer hardware. It now tells me that windows isn't activated I've tried troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-hardware-on-my-pc-now-it-tells-me/9a53938e-fc18-4d88-a3b7-580e6ac52af6
  6. I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated: I recently changed almost my whole computer hardware. It now tells me that windows isn't activated I've tried troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-hardware-on-my-pc-now-it-tells-me/9a53938e-fc18-4d88-a3b7-580e6ac52af6
  7. I changed hardware on my PC now it tells me windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick: Dell Inspiron15 laptop received a recent Windows 10 update. On required restart, we were returned to a blank screen - no icons/cursor...just blank. Waited an hour in case it was working in the background...nothing. Tried rebooting again, and still a blank screen. I...
  9. I have reinstal win10 because I change my motherboard and CPU, now I cannot activate my win10,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have reinstal win10 because I change my motherboard and CPU, now I cannot activate my win10,: Split from this thread. i have reinstal win10 because i change my motherboard and CPU, now i cannot activate my win10, how i can get back my product key if its gone ? i have bougth windows license for 100+ eur and now this money is goon ? never agian will buy license,...
  10. Win10 download includes which recent updates? How to tell.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 download includes which recent updates? How to tell.: How can I find out how up to date a Win10 image downloaded using the MediaCreationTool is before downloading it- whether it includes the update KB3200970 (Nov8) for instance? I would like to avoid downloading a new image if it doesn't include the latest cumulative update...