Windows 10: My PC refuses to come out of sleep mode and when i try to shut it down or restart it blue...

Discus and support My PC refuses to come out of sleep mode and when i try to shut it down or restart it blue... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i try to shut it down or restart it it blue screens and gives me the stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, if i put it into sleep mode there's no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattA4, Feb 21, 2020.

1. MattA4 Win User

My PC refuses to come out of sleep mode and when i try to shut it down or restart it blue...

when i try to shut it down or restart it it blue screens and gives me the stop code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, if i put it into sleep mode there's no way to get it out and have to force it to shut down. i'm not sure if this is something to do with recently installed drivers or the windows updates but i need help

:)

MattA4, Feb 21, 2020

2. pc wont come out of sleep mode must restart

pc wont come out of sleep mode must restart since i have upgraded help

alcordero2233, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Heshie75v Win User

My PC refuses to come out of sleep mode and when i try to shut it down or restart it blue...

PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down.
    I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. My PC refuses to come out of sleep mode and when i try to shut it down or restart it blue... - Similar Threads - refuses sleep mode

2. PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode: Randomly whenever I put my PC into sleep mode, when I come pack and turn it on it acts as if I had shut it down. When i run the powercfg -systempowerreport that says its an abnormal shutdown. In the event logs, it creates most notably an error and a critical error message....
  3. PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts down randomly when I put it in sleep mode: Randomly whenever I put my PC into sleep mode, when I come pack and turn it on it acts as if I had shut it down. When i run the powercfg -systempowerreport that says its an abnormal shutdown. In the event logs, it creates most notably an error and a critical error message....
  4. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode: Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is...
  5. PC wont shut don’t wont come out of sleep mode and gets stuck in restart

PC wont shut don’t wont come out of sleep mode and gets stuck in restart: I have an RTX 3090 hooked to an LG CX television. I just want all this stuff to work and the PC is being a real headache. As the title suggests I cant shut down the PC most of the time. A few times it has actually worked but generally I cant shut it down with holding the...
  6. Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode

Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  7. PC randomly shuts down when switching to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shuts down when switching to sleep mode: Hi all, From some time it might happen that my PC randomly shuts down when it is supposed to switch to the sleep mode. Aside from that nothing strange is happening. I tried giving a look at the dump files through the WindowsDebug tool and it gave me the following output:...
  8. PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!: Windows 10 Pro | Version: 20H2 | Build: 19042.630 I am having a problem with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 - PC runs fine until putting it to sleep, it is shutting down unexpectedly when I put it in sleep mode. After 3-4 seconds of sleep, it just unexpectedly shut down. Windows Event...
  9. System shuts down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...
  10. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...