Windows 10: My PC "refuses" to use dedicated GPU...

Discus and support My PC "refuses" to use dedicated GPU... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Context: I've been searching for a solution to this over like 2 and a half years now. My PC model is an Acer Aspire 5600U, I know it's a little bit on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ENDazer, Jun 10, 2021.

1. ENDazer Win User

My PC "refuses" to use dedicated GPU...

Context: I've been searching for a solution to this over like 2 and a half years now. My PC model is an Acer Aspire 5600U, I know it's a little bit on the -older- side, I mean, we purchased it back in 2013, but aside from gaming, for things like school, homework, watching videos, etc, it's still in a very healthy state, so I believe it still has at least a couple years of useful life until we have to inevitably get a newer computer. It has two graphics cards:-The integrated one, an Intel HD Graphics 4000-The dedicated one, an NVIDIA GeForce 630MThere was a time, I think 2013-2016, when my PC w

:)

ENDazer, Jun 10, 2021
  2. JulianKik Win User

Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

My PC "refuses" to use dedicated GPU... 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I went into my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

JulianKik, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Jun 10, 2021
  4. LA117 Win User

How to get more dedicated GPU memory

How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb for gpu memory but it says shared gpu memory 4.9 and dedicated GPU memory is 4.0 i can only use the
    4.0 and i want to know how to Dedicate more GPU memory.

LA117, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. My PC "refuses" to use dedicated GPU... - Similar Threads - refuses dedicated GPU

2. Dedicated GPU required to use Windows PC with TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated GPU required to use Windows PC with TV: Id recently made various changes to my workstation and notably something i didnt replace was the GPU from the previous setup. Essentially all im using is onboard dedicated graphics provided by the motherboard. Im not a gamer/streamer so didnt think it was needed any further....
  3. Dedicated GPU required to use Windows PC with TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dedicated GPU required to use Windows PC with TV: Id recently made various changes to my workstation and notably something i didnt replace was the GPU from the previous setup. Essentially all im using is onboard dedicated graphics provided by the motherboard. Im not a gamer/streamer so didnt think it was needed any further....
  4. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  5. is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?

is there a way to use my gpu's shared memory with my gpu's dedicated gpu memory?: Is it possible?Here is my Gpu intergrated:In task manager:I need help with this because my laptop is trash and my parents aren't willing to buy me a better one : My dad claims that my laptop is powerful even though it's a low-end laptop.Are there any solutions?Thanks to...
  6. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  7. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  8. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

9. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...
  10. Cant use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant use dedicated gpu: Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this [ATTACH] I had no clue what to do so I tied...