Windows 10: My PC reset after i changed username

Discus and support My PC reset after i changed username in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please i changed the default name i used on my PC and i was told to sign out, and when i signed in, my PC reset, but i could see my old username in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ben_G_B, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Ben_G_B Win User

My PC reset after i changed username

Please i changed the default name i used on my PC and i was told to sign out, and when i signed in, my PC reset, but i could see my old username in my local disk user folder. I have no restore point, i have restarted my PC 3 times but still the same result. Please what would i do

:)

Ben_G_B, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jan 22, 2021
  3. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 22, 2021
  4. OneMoar Win User

request username change

can a ADMINISTRATOR change my username to Onemoar

OneMoar, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

1. My PC reset after i changed username - Similar Threads - reset changed username

2. Mincraft reset my username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mincraft reset my username: Hello somedays ago my email was hacked and that guy changed my username now my username is EKKOREE_fa6aAd5o please reset it to FarajKhetran if i lose this account i will quit minecraft forever that guy did some thing in hypixel now i am banned there forever minecraft please...
  3. Mincraft reset my username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mincraft reset my username: Hello somedays ago my email was hacked and that guy changed my username now my username is EKKOREE_fa6aAd5o please reset it to FarajKhetran if i lose this account i will quit minecraft forever that guy did some thing in hypixel now i am banned there forever minecraft please...
  4. How do I change it to my username?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change it to my username?: I bought a laptop hp envy x360 12 gen a few days ago and even after I changed the user and deleted the old one the file extension is still the old user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-it-to-my-username/945d3d73-f9d3-49f2-ab4b-84329ad9c546
  5. Change Windows PC Username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows PC Username: I just had Windows 10 installed on my PC. The PC shop used their name "SR GEARS" during installation. Now when I open GitBash, by default it points to the directory "C:/users/SR GEARS". I wish for this to show Danny, not SR GEARS. I have changed the folder name to "Danny",...
  6. Change Windows PC Username

Change Windows PC Username: I just had Windows 10 installed on my PC. The PC shop used their name "SR GEARS" during installation. Now when I open GitBash, by default it points to the directory "C:/users/SR GEARS". I wish for this to show Danny, not SR GEARS. I have changed the folder name to "Danny",...
  7. Change Windows PC Username

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows PC Username: I just had a Windows 10 installed on my PC. The PC shop used their name "SR GEARS" during installation. Now if when open GitBash, the default directory is "C:/users/SR GEARS". I have changed the username to "Danny", which changes the folder name, but they GitBash path still...
  8. How do i change my username?

How do i change my username?: The username i am asking about is the one which you see in the "Users" folder in C drive. I want to change that name but I am afraid if it will break any of my apps because the location would be changed. Like earlier the app was in C/Users/oldname/app.exe and now it is in...
  9. Changing my PC username

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing my PC username: Hey! I recently logged into my microsoft account when I reset my PC, and I used my phone number, but now when I go to C:\Users it says that my username is 44772. When I right click however there isn't a rename option. Does anyone here know how I can rename my username so...
  10. I want to change the username but the pc always resets back to my own name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to change the username but the pc always resets back to my own name: I'm reading the same guides over and over again but it's not helping. My sign in displays my real name and sometimes my email, which is something I don't want. I want to use the nickname I use for just about everything else. I bought the pc yesterday, and since then I've been...