Windows 10: My pc restarts after I turn it on while I put it on sleep mode

Discus and support My pc restarts after I turn it on while I put it on sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My pc is restarting only when I put my pc on sleep mode. After I put it on sleep mode and turn it back on,everything was OK. Now my pc is restarting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IlieDani, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:22 AM.

1. IlieDani Win User

My pc restarts after I turn it on while I put it on sleep mode

My pc is restarting only when I put my pc on sleep mode. After I put it on sleep mode and turn it back on,everything was OK. Now my pc is restarting in random times when I turn it on and not sure why it is restarting. Why is my computer restarting when I put it on sleep mode and after when I turn it on,my pc just restarts?

:)

2. PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

3. kn00tcn Win User
    Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

4. Wingo101 Win User

Is it safe to put your pc in sleep mode?

My pc goes to sleep after about 1 hour of idle time. Is it safe to put the pc in sleep mode?

Won't it decrease the lifetime of the gpu, cpu, etc. If they are turned off and on straight-away?

Thema:

1. My pc restarts after I turn it on while I put it on sleep mode - Similar Threads - restarts turn while

2. H accidentally downloaded something then deleted it but I put my pc in sleep mode but then...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    H accidentally downloaded something then deleted it but I put my pc in sleep mode but then...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Odai_Hammad_YT_69420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/krmsnj/h_accidentally_downloaded_something_then_deleted/
  3. My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Acer Aspire 5 crashes after I put it in sleep mode: I've had an Acer Aspire 5 for about six months now and within the past month, it began to power off or crash after I would put it to sleep at night. I suspect it's crashing because no programs are open when I push the power button to bring it back to life, and Word and Excel...
  4. Virtualisation Turned Off after I Restart My Pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtualisation Turned Off after I Restart My Pc: Virtualisation Turned Off automatically when I Restart My Pc IntelR CoreTM i3 CPU @ 3.30Ghz. Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualisation-turned-off-after-i-restart-my-pc/f15b5931-341c-4875-a456-968762b6354d
  5. Can't put pc in sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't put pc in sleep mode after update: Hello! So, one week ago, Windows said it needed an update, so I did it. However now, when I try to put my pc in sleep mode, the monitor turns off, but the PC, mouse and keyboard Stay on. After a While, the PC crashes, and the blue screen turns up saying "Driver Power...
  6. Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...

Turning off / restarting / putting your PC to sleep when Shut Down / Restart / Sleep button...: Hey all! I've been finding some helpful tricks these days to help you in some problems. This time, I've found a way torestart / shutdown / put your PC to sleep / switch user / sign out of your PC in Windows, when your Start Menu / your Power button inStart Menu isn't...
  7. Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode

Laptop restarts when I put it to 'sleep' mode: Hi All! Just bought a brand new HP envy 15 2020 edition. On the 2nd day it was updating windows and bios and then i noticed that my laptop restarts whenever i put it to sleep. To be precise, this is what happens step by step: 1. I put the laptop to sleep 2. It goes to...
  8. Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode

Issues while putting PC to Sleep Mode: Recently my Sleep option stopped working. I have it set to "Shut Down = Never" and "Sleep = After 30 minutes" Even if I manually shut down from the Start using sleep, it still shuts down. This is relatively new behavior and quite annoying. Thanks! ***Original title:...
  9. I can't restart my computer after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't restart my computer after sleep mode.: When I go to restart my computer after sleep mode, nothing happens. I press the power button, the screen lightens slightly, and then nothing happens. It actually worked one time, but that was it. Bought this "refurbished with a clean copy of Windows 10, originally intended...
  10. Win 10 Keeps rebooting After I Put it In Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Keeps rebooting After I Put it In Sleep Mode: Hi, I hope the Tech-Savvy in this forum can help me out with this one. So the problem is my Win10 laptop keeps rebooting after I put it in Sleep Mode. More than that, when I select the "Reboot" command it takes longer to boot than it would take for me to manually shut...