Windows 10: My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.

Discus and support My PC restarts when I try to boot it up. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer, the Windows icon stays for a few seconds while it loads. Then it blinks and the computer restarts the boot up. This keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Billy_026, May 7, 2023.

1. Billy_026 Win User

My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.

When I turn on my computer, the Windows icon stays for a few seconds while it loads. Then it blinks and the computer restarts the boot up. This keeps happening in a loop.

:)

Billy_026, May 7, 2023

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, May 7, 2023
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 7, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Refer the steps mentioned below to restart the computer in Safe Mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Advanced options.
    3. Click on StartupSettings and click on
      Restart.
    4. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

After restarting the computer in Safe mode, refer the steps mentioned in my earlier response to perform clean boot and see if the PC boots normally.

If the computer doesn't boot,
    I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 7, 2023
Thema:

1. My PC restarts when I try to boot it up. - Similar Threads - restarts try boot

2. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?: I have Windows 10 Pro installed and it's been quite some time since I first noticed this issue. Whenever I turn off my PC and turn it back on, it starts up fine. Only when I specifically use Restart, it gets stuck on the boot up screen where you can go to BIOS settings, but...
  3. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?: I have Windows 10 Pro installed and it's been quite some time since I first noticed this issue. Whenever I turn off my PC and turn it back on, it starts up fine. Only when I specifically use Restart, it gets stuck on the boot up screen where you can go to BIOS settings, but...
  4. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.: When I turn on my computer, the Windows icon stays for a few seconds while it loads. Then it blinks and the computer restarts the boot up. This keeps happening in a loop....
  6. My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.

My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.: When I turn on my computer, the Windows icon stays for a few seconds while it loads. Then it blinks and the computer restarts the boot up. This keeps happening in a loop....
  7. PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows: My PC randomly started to restart on his own when i get to the lockscreen it restarts so i booted in to linux mint and it did not restart at all i tried to re-installing it but it always restarts in the instillation screen so i wiped the harddisk and tried again and it keep...
  8. PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows

PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows: My PC randomly started to restart on his own when i get to the lockscreen it restarts so i booted in to linux mint and it did not restart at all i tried to re-installing it but it always restarts in the instillation screen so i wiped the harddisk and tried again and it keep...
  9. PC always restarts when trying to Boot into windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. pc has to restart when i boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc has to restart when i boot: whenever i boot my pc it has to restart because it lags like every second it laggs its like i have a 1hz monitor for 3seconds than a second later i have the 1hz monitor thing again (i have tried updating drivers and even reseting windows *3 times* so i just decided to leave...