Windows 10: My PC runs into issues when trying to perform a reset.

Discus and support My PC runs into issues when trying to perform a reset. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am running base Windows 10 on a 3 year old Alienware Steam Machine (I think its an alienware alpha). The only modification to the device I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SovietBobRoss, Mar 7, 2019.

1. My PC runs into issues when trying to perform a reset.

Hello, I am running base Windows 10 on a 3 year old Alienware Steam Machine (I think its an alienware alpha). The only modification to the device I have ever made, was swapping one stick of 4GB ram with an 8GB stick. Recently my performance has been sub-par, so I decided to reset my PC, which I have done before. However, it gets about 30%-40% in and then comes up with an error, I have tried all the extra options possible in the reset environment, nothing has worked. In addition, I tried to uninstall Skype earlier in the day, and the program did not uninstall when I told it to, and disappeared from the remove a program menu, however, was still displayed in the windows key directory. I tried to install it but the Windows store denied me the ability to do so. Please provide any feedback possible, Im getting somewhat distraught with this issue and really want to fix it.

:)

SovietBobRoss, Mar 7, 2019

2. Lenovo G50-70 Running at 50% Performance

Hi Angela,

I have restarted my PC with a clean boot - now what are the steps needed to improve performance? This is what the website says -

After the computer is restarted, you will have a clean boot environment. Then, do one of the following, as appropriate for your situation:

• If you could not install or uninstall a program or an update before you performed the clean boot, try to install or uninstall the program or update again.

Note If you receive the "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed" error during the installation or uninstallation, follow How
      to start the Windows Installer service when system services are not loaded
      , and then install or uninstall the program or update again.
      • If the installation or uninstallation is successful, you have resolved your issue. Follow How to reset the
        computer to start as usual
        to reset your computer to the normal startup.
      • If the installation or uninstallation still fails, that means this issue is not caused by application or service interference. You may have to go to Microsoft Support for more
        specific support.
    • If you could not run a program before you performed the clean boot, try to run the program again.None of the above relates to any issues with performance - can you suggest the next steps?

SatanshuMishra, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Unable to perform reset on the device from CD as it fails on Windows 10

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Windows 10 operating system. Do not worry, we will be happy to help you.

Let us know the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • How have you installed Windows 10?
    • What is the complete error message when you try to perform Reset
      on your computer/ re-install the apps?
    • Were you able to access any other CD normally on your computer?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    Run check disk (chkdsk) and check if it helps.

Chkdsk: The
    Chkdsk (Check Disc) scan will try to identify and repair bad sectors found on the hard drive. Any data present on these sectors might be lost in the process. The computer can also go into a no boot state. Proceed at your own risk.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    • You may be asked whether to schedule this volume to be checked next time when you restarts (Y/N).
    • Press Y key on the keyboard and press
      Enter key.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Once you perform check disk, I suggest you manually try to reset the PC with in the Windows and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform a Reset on your computer and check if it helps.

Note: While performing reset on your PC, I suggest you to choose "Keep my files" as this will not affect the data on your computer.

Follow the below:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
      Control and press Enter.

• Click on Recovery, click on
      If you're having problems with your PC, go to Settings and try resetting it.

• Click on Get started
      under Reset this PC, click on Keep my files and follow onscreen instructions.

Refer: Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 7, 2019
  4. My PC runs into issues when trying to perform a reset.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

My PC runs into issues when trying to perform a reset.

1. My PC runs into issues when trying to perform a reset. - Similar Threads - runs issues trying

2. my laptop is having issues when trying to reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is having issues when trying to reset it: Hp vitctus laptop with windows 11I was trying to reset my new laptop I chose Reset Local reinstall and Remove everything I was waiting for it to finish reinstalling the windows install when it suddenly turned blank and the logo came on with a loading and a windowed popped up...
  3. my laptop is having issues when trying to reset it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is having issues when trying to reset it: Hp vitctus laptop with windows 11I was trying to reset my new laptop I chose Reset Local reinstall and Remove everything I was waiting for it to finish reinstalling the windows install when it suddenly turned blank and the logo came on with a loading and a windowed popped up...
  4. 0xc0000017 BSOD when trying to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc0000017 BSOD when trying to reset my PC: I was trying to reset my PC, but then I ran into the error. I tried removing all USB devices, that didnt work, clearing bad memory entries, that didnt work.Various methods don't work either....
  5. 0xc0000017 BSOD when trying to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc0000017 BSOD when trying to reset my PC: I was trying to reset my PC, but then I ran into the error. I tried removing all USB devices, that didnt work, clearing bad memory entries, that didnt work.Various methods don't work either....
  6. 0xc0000017 BSOD when trying to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC performance issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC performance issue: hey ,so i have win10 x64 since yesterday everything was working fine then i get this heavy stuttering out of nowhere doesn't matter if im playing a game or on idle it stays like this but i discovered by chance that pressing ctr shift esc to pull up task manager instantly...
  8. PC Performance Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Performance Issue: So basically here’s what I’ve been experiencing: Visible Highlight Lag when hovering on app icons High Idle CPU Temps (60-65c, i7 6700k) Windows Security Service error in between a full scan (the error occurs midway, i’m not sure for other scans though) • Here are the...
  9. Running into countless issues trying to reset my pc -- need some serious help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running into countless issues trying to reset my pc -- need some serious help: I have reason to believe I have a resilient virus, so I've been trying to reset my PC, but I've been running into countless issues no matter what I do. For context; I have a Dell XPS 13, and I'm running Windows 10. Let's run through everything I've tried so far: At first I...
  10. Pc performance issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc performance issue: Im having issues with my pc,it keeps freezing and is slow.The Mouse cursor also keeps moving on its own. When i got my motherboard i downgraded my bios version to 7C02v17 because i liked the feautures,the red screen,the whole layout. I decided to update my bios to...