Windows 10: My PC runs slowly with second drive

Discus and support My PC runs slowly with second drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I turn on my PC with only the boot drive, it will run normally, but when I connect my second drive, my PC runs unusably slow, with File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nate Morrison, Jul 15, 2019.

1. My PC runs slowly with second drive

When I turn on my PC with only the boot drive, it will run normally, but when I connect my second drive, my PC runs unusably slow, with File Explorer crashing and text apearing on-screen seconds after it was typed

:)

Nate Morrison, Jul 15, 2019
  2. BlackOwl Win User

Windows running slowly in specific situations

Over the last few days (since maybe Thursday but definitely Friday) my Win10 machine has been running slowly in certain situations. The programs iTunes, GSAK, and Unreal Tournament 2004 run slowly in general, much slower than my new hardware has been able to output since I bought it less than two months ago. Other programs are substantially slower than normal to load, but act quite fine once they've been loaded (Sid Meier's Civilization V and Overwatch are two notable exmaples - they take up to six times longer to load than they did this time last week). The change was sudden but not noticeable straightaway.

One further change I've noticed is that whenever I go to shut down or reboot the computer, it tells me it's "Getting Windows ready" despite there being no updates to my knowledge. It tends to hang on that screen for some time before it actually shuts down or reboots - I'm not sure how long it takes as I often lose patience and go and do something else, but it's more than expected.

Steps I've already tried:
    • rebooting
    • antivirus scan
    • uninstalling programs I've installed within the last week
    • rolling back Windows updates (which I've found to be basically impossible)
    • cleaning up the fullest hard drive (I've more than doubled the free space on it)
    • updating my video card drivers
    • defragging all three hard drives

Any ideas?

BlackOwl, Jul 15, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Wondering about a second hard drive and installing Vista on it and also a ..

Annoying having to go into the bios each time though. And for me not a option unless i run 2 arrays.

AsRock, Jul 15, 2019
  4. yahanna Win User

My PC runs slowly with second drive

My VBox is Running Slowly.. How Do I Speed It Up?

I'm running win 10 as guest vbox in my win 10 host PC. My vm is runnning slowly. I dont know what to do. What do you suggest?

yahanna, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

My PC runs slowly with second drive

1. My PC runs slowly with second drive - Similar Threads - runs slowly second

2. PC running slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...
  3. PC running slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC running slowly: I'm on Windows 11 and for a while I haven't had any issues, but lately usually after I run Steam my computer has been slowing down like I'm out of RAM. When I eventually open Task Manager, which normally takes almost 70 seconds since my computer responds so slowly, it always...
  4. PC boots slowly with second SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots slowly with second SSD: i have windows 11, i recently upgraded my second HDD to an SSD, it all went well until i was trying to install a game a few days ago. after that my pc boots slowly when my second ssd is connected, after a long time running some programs begin to function weird, like task...
  5. PC boots slowly with second SSD

PC boots slowly with second SSD: i have windows 11, i recently upgraded my second HDD to an SSD, it all went well until i was trying to install a game a few days ago. after that my pc boots slowly when my second ssd is connected, after a long time running some programs begin to function weird, like task...
  6. Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?

Why is my windows10 running slowly in my pc?: I have a Windows 10 and tell me why is this window working very slowly. i am very worried about it because I am doing a lot of work in digital marketing and I am facing lots of problems....
  7. PC suddenly runs slowly.

PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  8. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  9. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. why is my pc running so slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my pc running so slowly: my pc is loading so slowly. what may be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-running-so-slowly/206502e2-9c6d-4d4b-84f5-cc42b5957646