Windows 10: My pc screen is frozen

Discus and support My pc screen is frozen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last pm my desktop HP Windows 10 had a frozen screen. I have explained in part what I have tried. I have worked for hours with nothing happening. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bonnie Jean, Sep 16, 2020.

1. My pc screen is frozen

Last pm my desktop HP Windows 10 had a frozen screen. I have explained in part what I have tried. I have worked for hours with nothing happening. I used a google search to do many things that were suggested.
    Pressed Esc 2 times, tried Alt ctrl delete- finally the screen with taskmanager showed but, while the mouse will move clicking it does nothing. There were several other "fixes" with different keys that I can find and write out for you if needed. I decided to switch to the other hard drive. I hooked it up. Turned on the pc and I got the same exact frozen screen!! I took out a very old screen and tried the that screen. It was frozen also. If I need to take it in to a computer repair company. I am not sure what I take in. But I pray there is help for me.
    Thank you for any help. Bonnie

:)

Bonnie Jean, Sep 16, 2020

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 16, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 16, 2020
  4. My pc screen is frozen

frozen screen

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand your surface screen is frozen. In this case, I would suggest you to hard restart the tablet by pressing and holding the power button and restart the tablet. Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

My pc screen is frozen

1. My pc screen is frozen - Similar Threads - screen frozen

2. Frozen black screen and cursor with taskbar visible after trying to search something in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen black screen and cursor with taskbar visible after trying to search something in the...: I have been facing an issue in my laptop which takes almost 30 mins to resolve. My laptop freezes with a black screen and a frozen cursor. The only thing visible is the task bar, and I am unable to do anything. I tried to use Tab + Alt for Task manager, but nothing works....
  3. Start element "frozen" on my screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start element "frozen" on my screen: I'll attach an Imgur link here: https://imgur.com/a/tOsfbHe I tried making a shortcut on my desktop by first pining the app to start, then I tried to drag it. After multiple tries it's frozen on my screen. (As shown in the picture) I'm assuming a restart will fix...
  4. screen in game frozen wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen in game frozen wont go away: I stupidly installed a VISTA game disc on my Windows 10 laptop. After launching the program, a screen has frozen. Its on full view so anything I try to do ie TASK MGR is opening behind it. I can see task mgr in the bar on the bottom and it pops up when I hover over it, but...
  5. I am getting frozen screen randomly while working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting frozen screen randomly while working: Hi, I am facing a issue of screen freeze since after the latest windows 10 update. Randomly anytime my mouse get stuck and at that point I know that nothing is working not even Alt + Ctrl +Del. This is very frequent now and i am concerned about it. After the screen is froze...
  6. Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen screen on Microsoft and jumping about - no access to programs or email: Hi Since i started with thisnew microsoft update my computer has been having problems. I log on and the screen jumps to a Microsoft screen showing me what i can access but the screen has frozen and i cannot access other programs when the Microsoft page appears with the...
  7. windows startup lock screen frozen / cannot enter password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows startup lock screen frozen / cannot enter password: Hello, I was stuck half the startups on the lock screen and clicking wouldn't show me the prompt to enter my password. After searching I didn't find anything usefull for me. Here is how I solved this problem : There was apparently a time problem, The clock was...
  8. Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blue Screen error and "Getting Windows ready" frozen: Lately I have been experiencing some problems with my pc. First it started with Windows notifying me that there were drive errors, and to restart the pc in order to solve them. When I did that, at the beginning of the start process, the pc scanned and repaired disc C,...
  9. My PC is frozen on login screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC is frozen on login screen.: After exiting out of my account on the computer i just switched it to another account to let the password be entered. Its been frozen for a day now and im not sure what the problem is. submitted by /u/JimothyPepper [link] [comments]...
  10. Frozen lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Frozen lock screen: Hello. Yesturday, night i had a time limit on my computer which was past its screen time. I tried to send a request to my parents but however, i had an internet problem. I had tried to reconnect in the lock screen by reconnecting and turning off the internet, all of a...