Windows 10: My PC shows black screen after shutting down

Discus and support My PC shows black screen after shutting down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, A week ago i started using my pc again after a month it was working fine. After 2 days i started installing a game and found that some .dll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adhil Mohammed, Sep 24, 2022.

1. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

Hello, A week ago i started using my pc again after a month it was working fine. After 2 days i started installing a game and found that some .dll files was missing and i installed it. Then i hit restart but the pc showed ‘restarting’ and turned black screen. The power button was still on but pressing it was useless. So i hold it for some time and force restarted the pc. Again i tried to boot it but it still black screen. Hdd activity light was not flashing mouse have the red light but keyboard was not working. The fans and every other thing in the motherboard section was workin

:)

Adhil Mohammed, Sep 24, 2022

2. Black screen after updating to 1703

Hi,

A stop error can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. For us to identify the cause of this issue, we suggest that you refer to these articles:

The steps will be viewed once that you've selected the corresponding answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 24, 2022
  4. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

My PC shows black screen after shutting down

1. My PC shows black screen after shutting down - Similar Threads - shows black screen

2. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC shows black screen after shutting down: Hello, A week ago i started using my pc again after a month it was working fine. After 2 days i started installing a game and found that some .dll files was missing and i installed it. Then i hit restart but the pc showed ‘restarting’ and turned black screen. The power button...
  3. My PC shows black screen after shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC shows black screen after shutting down: Hello, A week ago i started using my pc again after a month it was working fine. After 2 days i started installing a game and found that some .dll files was missing and i installed it. Then i hit restart but the pc showed ‘restarting’ and turned black screen. The power button...
  4. Black screen after restarting/shutting down and booting up pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after restarting/shutting down and booting up pc: Exactly what the subject says. Whenever I restart or shut down and boot up my pc, I can see my profiles and log in menu; but after entering the password it shows me a black screen with a cursor. It stays like that for a few hours. After that, its back to normal. Not sure why...
  5. Showing black window when shutting down.

Showing black window when shutting down.: Why does my computer screen shows me a black window instead of showing shut down window when I click shut down?I have tried to shut down from cmd but still the same problem.How can I get rid from this problem?...
  6. [URGENT] My PC shows the blue screen then shuts down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [URGENT] My PC shows the blue screen then shuts down.: Please help if you can. For some reason, my Windows 10 PC just shut down (it briefly flashed the blue screen claiming “We’ve encountered a problem” or something along those lines) and moments later it started intermittently making loud buzzing noises. My roommate is asleep...
  7. Pc shuts down black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc shuts down black screen: Hi sometimes when I start a demanding game which my pc should handle my pc suddenly shuts down with an black screen and won‘t start again for the next 15min. It isn‘t a overheating problem of the graphicscard 1080 or my cpu 6700k I am pretty sure because everytime the...
  8. PC randomly shuts down or gets black screen

PC randomly shuts down or gets black screen: I've been having this issue for a while, my PC will either randomly shut off usually when I'm playing games, I sometime get a black screen on both my monitors that doesn't allow me to press any button to do anything, this sometimes happens after my PC randomly shuts down when...
  9. Windows black screen with cursor after shutting down

Windows black screen with cursor after shutting down: After I click to shutdown my pc, for a few miliseconds I see the normal blue screen with the dots around the words "shutting down", but then my pc goes to a black screen with the cursor and doesnt turn off. Sometimes, the black screen even goes out, just for my pc to go back...
  10. Black screen after shutting down the computer

Black screen after shutting down the computer: I don't know if this has to do with anything but this problem occurred after I updated my Windows 10 Pro to build 1903 using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. Now the problem is that when I shut down the computer normally everything works fine. It goes through the usual stuff...