Windows 10: My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup

Discus and support My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just rejoined my dad's homegroup, but my computer appears twice... one with my MS account profile picture and name and one without either... but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris2005, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Chris2005 Win User

My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup

I just rejoined my dad's homegroup, but my computer appears twice... one with my MS account profile picture and name and one without either... but they both show the same folders, etc.

Is it possible that the homegroup is picking up the local account I had prior to logging in with my MS account?

Update:
    Now my MS account one vanished and now it's just "Chris."

My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup [​IMG]

:)

Chris2005, Jul 29, 2015
  2. garydrow Win User

win10 install now shows my kitchen pc twice in network map

here is a pic of what I see on all my networked computers. All are still on the original workgroup I set up nder winXP

Now all are on Win10.

My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup [​IMG]

garydrow, Jul 29, 2015
  3. win10 install now shows my kitchen pc twice in network map

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

When you say, shows my kitchen pc twice in network map, where exactly it showing?

Could you please provide us an screenshot to assist you better on this issue.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Chris2005 Win User

Well, the duplicate has come back...

Chris2005, Aug 7, 2015
  5. it is a caching thing, nothing to worry about really.
    refresh or reboot and it goes away.

i would only be worried if you pinged it and it showed the wrong IP address or wrong workgroup.
    you can open a command prompt and to ipconfig /flushdns then reboot and it may clear it up also.

cyberlunacy, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Chris2005 Win User
    Once I upgraded my dad's computer to Windows 10, it went away.

I created a homegroup on his computer and joined it on my computer, but only my computer shows up, but they all show up under Network and are accessible.

Chris2005, Aug 8, 2015
  7. BenW Win User
    I had this same issue. I found that it is caused by a ghost instance of one computer on the Homegroup. If you have several computers connected to a Homegroup, the originating computer continues to exist as long as any computer is on or configured to be part of the Homegroup. To fix, you first need to remove the Homegroup from all computers, then shut down all computers. Then you can turn the computers back on and create a new Homegroup (with a new password) from scratch. This should remove any ghost computers.

BenW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC Shows Twice in Homegroup - Similar Threads - Shows Twice Homegroup

2. Homegroup is showing up on 1903 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup is showing up on 1903 ?: [img] huh what ? I had the idea that homegroup went away altogether. However I see I can give access to "homegroup" How do I determine if my computer belongs to a homegroup or ? Is there a place in the computer that will tie a familur thing to a homegroup like does my...
  3. HOMEGROUP NOT SHOWING IN WINDOW 10

HOMEGROUP NOT SHOWING IN WINDOW 10: HI, i have purchase a new Desktop with window 10 pro. it has no homegroup feature. i connect it to a network now i want to access shared printers of other system . how it is possible as microsoft remove HOME GROUP feature from window 10 pro after update. i am little...
  4. "Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC"

"Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC": I have encountered a strange problem with the file system in Windows 10. I was moving the locations ofDocuments, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. to a spinning media drive to free up space on my 512 GB SSD when theMusic library suddenly showed up twice under "This PC" in theFile...
  5. Homegroup on PC

Homegroup on PC: I have a desktop and two laptops and wish to share files. One of the laptops is the newest but cannot find settings to join Homegroup! I have checked in control panel and settings but is no there to be found. I had no problem with the desktop and other laptop . Can anyone...
  6. Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC': Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 Build 17763.437 How do I stop the showing of these drives? It's redundant as they're already being shown under 'This PC'. Thanks! [img] 132600
  7. Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC': Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 Build 17763.437 How do I stop the showing of these drives? It's redundant as they're already being shown under 'This PC'. Thanks! [img] 132600
  8. Why do my drives show twice?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do my drives show twice?: Can someone explain why my attached drives show twice? I only had this happen on one USB drive before the Windows 10 recent update, but now both external drives are repeated twice! (See attached) 30151
  9. cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password

cant add a new PC to my homegroup..will not accept homegroup password: I am having a home group password recognition problem setting up a new W10 pc with an old W10 laptop. The new PC will not recognize the original homegroup pw originally set up from my laptop. Is there a way of deleting the old homegroup and setting up a new one from...
  10. Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup

Other PC's won't see my PC in homegroup: Hi, I bump into some problem with Windows 10 with sharing folder in the same home network/workgroup. After I updated all home PC's on Windows 10, my is Pro others are Home versions, and I shared a specific folder, none of other PC's is able to see me or any other computer...