Windows 10: My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing

Discus and support My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently built a new PC, but every time I try a new game, it shuts down. I played Resident Evil 2, and at first, it was fine, but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David94ol, Feb 27, 2024.

1. David94ol Win User

My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing

Hi everyone, I recently built a new PC, but every time I try a new game, it shuts down. I played Resident Evil 2, and at first, it was fine, but after 3 hours of gameplay, it started to shut down. Eventually, it stabilized, and I was able to finish the game. The same thing happened when I played GTA 5. At the beginning, it shut down three times, and then it was fine. Now I'm playing Hell is others and the problem has started again. I've reconnected all the cables inside my PC, checked the temperatures everything was fine, and even bought a surge protector. My power supply is 850W, so there's

:)

David94ol, Feb 27, 2024

2. PC not shutting down or sleeping

Hi Felipe,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your concern about the shutting down or sleeping in Windows 10. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before this issue happens?
    • Any changes made to your hardware?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
    • Have you also tried
      updating your drivers
      ?

We also found a helpful response from Yashwanth Kotakuri on July 7, 2016 in this

thread
    . This will give you steps that resolve the same issue.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Anthony Gal, Feb 27, 2024
  3. claylomax Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Feb 27, 2024
  4. My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing

Windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 won't sleep, shut down in place of sleep

Hello Tim,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sleep issue in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

This issue could have o cured due to incorrect settings or corrupted power settings on your system. We suggest you to follow the suggestions from the link below and check if it works:

Redirecting

For further reference check the steps provided in the link:

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC

Let us know the results. we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing

1. My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing - Similar Threads - shuts down sleep

2. My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing: Hi everyone, I recently built a new PC, but every time I try a new game, it shuts down. I played Resident Evil 2, and at first, it was fine, but after 3 hours of gameplay, it started to shut down. Eventually, it stabilized, and I was able to finish the game. The same thing...
  3. I'm Getting BSOD While Shutting Down My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm Getting BSOD While Shutting Down My PC: Hi. I'm getting BSOD while shutting down my pc after using it for 3-4 hours. It just says shutting down for 2-3 minutes and gives BSOD. When I try to shutdown after 10-20 minutes of usage it shutdowns with no problem. I'm on Windows 11. I'm linking my minidump files below....
  4. I'm Getting BSOD While Shutting Down My PC

I'm Getting BSOD While Shutting Down My PC: Hi. I'm getting BSOD while shutting down my pc after using it for 3-4 hours. It just says shutting down for 2-3 minutes and gives BSOD. When I try to shutdown after 10-20 minutes of usage it shutdowns with no problem. I'm on Windows 11. I'm linking my minidump files below....
  5. PC Shutting down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting down while playing games: My PC will randomly start shutting down when I'm playing most games Rocket League, Rust, Payday3, Cult of the Lamb. I tried troubleshooting with EventViewer to see any problems but the only reports I get are DistributedCOM events which seemingly don't mean anything. I'm...
  6. PC Shutting down while playing games

PC Shutting down while playing games: My PC will randomly start shutting down when I'm playing most games Rocket League, Rust, Payday3, Cult of the Lamb. I tried troubleshooting with EventViewer to see any problems but the only reports I get are DistributedCOM events which seemingly don't mean anything. I'm...
  7. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  8. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  9. PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Shutting down instead of going to sleep: I have put my computer to sleep every night for years and all the sudden it will not go to sleep any more. When I'm done with my work, I go to start > (power icon) > sleep and the screen goes black. Usually at this point a couple seconds later the fans would stop and the...
  10. Windows 10 Shut down sound randomly plays while i'm using my PC.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shut down sound randomly plays while i'm using my PC.: Whenever i use my pc the windows shut down sound will occasionally play for no reason. I could be playing a game, watching yt, or doing whatever else and the shut down sound will just happen every 15-30 mins, sometimes even quicker. I tried disabling all windows sounds but it...